• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So anyone been caught speeding on new fines system? (well since last April)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grasser73 View Post
    Or get a motorbike and laugh in the face of forward-facing cameras.
    And help people waiting for donor organs. Soon the first nice weather weekend will be supplying them with loads. (and ruin my day out as every time one is lying dead on the road where I want to drive)

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
      Bikers avoid speeding fines by getting splattered by drivers distracted with all the in car entertainment and phone addiction.

At least the 'sorry I didn't see you' excuse will die out quicker than the bikers once all the cars are automated.

Though I predict all the motorways and major A roads will be reserved for driverless vehicles first, and all the classic manual driven cars will be restricted to B roads and minor routes, until the tech makes it safe to mix both on the high speed routes. So bikers will have to put up with all the carelessDutch LHD motorhome driverson their favourite roads for a good while yet.
      FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien
        Though I predict all the motorways and major A roads will be reserved for driverless vehicles first, ..
        Selected portions of motorways yes, maybe certain lanes, probably the outside lane at first I'd guess as that is least AI-demanding in terms of merging traffic and speed variation.

But I can't see any automated driving on A roads for at least 20 or 30 years yet, or even exclusively on motorways, although obviously it will all happen sooner or later.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          How about sticking to the speed limit? No need to worry about fines then.
          Try driving at 70mph on a motorway
          Either you will be stuck behind a lorry doing 60mph or people will be cutting you from left and right.
          Speed limit should be increased to 80mph because that's the speed people drive on anyways

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
            Speed limit should be increased to 80mph because that's the speed people drive on anyways
            Maybe it already is unofficially. Anyone been pulled by the fuzz when doing an indicated 80 (so likely somewhere in the 70s really) and not for driving like a prick?

I've sauntered past battenburgs while I've been doing somewhere between 70 and 80 on many occasions, usually when they're crawling along at 60 something seeing who dare overtake them. You get all sorts of muppets too scared to overtake even at a speed below the legal limit. Maybe they're all dodgy twats without MOT, insurance, or with outstanding arrest warrants so worried about ANPR flagging them. If I was a rozzer I'd have a camera in the back window too.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
              Maybe it already is unofficially. Anyone been pulled by the fuzz when doing an indicated 80 (so likely somewhere in the 70s really) and not for driving like a prick?

I've sauntered past battenburgs while I've been doing somewhere between 70 and 80 on many occasions, usually when they're crawling along at 60 something seeing who dare overtake them. You get all sorts of muppets too scared to overtake even at a speed below the legal limit. Maybe they're all dodgy twats without MOT, insurance, or with outstanding arrest warrants so worried about ANPR flagging them. If I was a rozzer I'd have a camera in the back window too.
              what? -you think they don't?

Comment

Originally posted by MrButton View Post
                Interested to know whether dividend payments are taken into account?

It’s not clear what you would put down as surely it could vary a lot year to year.
                The form asks whether you are employed or not. I'm not so I'd be interested to see what comes back if I was asked.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

NIP arrived :-(

Bloody 35 which, apparently, is the minumum you can get done for.

Looks like its the course for me....
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    NIP arrived :-(

Bloody 35 which, apparently, is the minumum you can get done for.
                    Not so sure that's right.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Not so sure that's right.
                      it's not. You can get done for 31 if they decide to prosecute. They generally don't.
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X