• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice: Name Your Price

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC will be along with a funny story about this scenario shortly.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
      PC will be along with a funny tediously irrelevant story about his mate in this scenario shortly.

qh
      Just to be technically correct I've FTFY.....
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
        It sounds like you're willing to forego the opportunity to work at company B if company A makes it worth your while. I also assume that your offer from company B is firm, and that company A is aware that you have a competing offer for your services.

If so, do not, under any circumstance, tell company A what you want in order to stay. This will only make you either a bad guy (for asking for too much) or a chump (for not asking for enough). Instead, you put the ball back in company A's court and give them one chance to make their best and final offer to extend you. When do you need to give company B your decision? This is how long you give company A to make their offer.

If company A fails to respond in time, they were not serious. You leave and accept company B's offer without any guilt or damage to your professional pride.

If company A makes an offer that fails to meet your expectations, they don't recognise your value. You leave and accept company B's offer without any guilt or damage to your professional pride.

If company A makes an offer that meets or exceeds your expectations, they know they need you. You stay, and apologise to company B, thanking them for their time without any guilt or damage to your professional pride.

No muss, no fuss.
        Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        Tell me OP, have you ever seen a fat lazy contractor naked?
        I have seen fat lazy contractors, and I have seen people naked. The ones that I have seen naked, I never asked if they were contractors, as I never saw the point.

I don't see the point of your question, sorry if I am being thick, however if you could enlighten me the next time I see anyone naked I will ask if they are contractors

Comment

Cool story bro

Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Working...
          X