• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TOIL On-call - 1 day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    So what would you all do it for?

No payment on offer just TOIL for being on call. Yes I know TOIL but Im inside IR35 PS anyway so no issues. ..
    Can you remind us, or me anyway, what is TOIL?

It sounds like working by the sweat of your brow, and I picture you labouring all day in a chain gang in the baking sun without even being paid!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Those Jobcentre signing-on booths are not going to fix themselves!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Can you remind us, or me anyway, what is TOIL?

It sounds like working by the sweat of your brow, and I picture you labouring all day in a chain gang in the baking sun without even being paid!
        T'oil? It's what tha puts int' t'engine tha cloth eared wazzock.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Oh.. moved to General?

WGAS sheep shagger.

/thread
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Oh.. moved to General?

WGAS sheep shagger.

/thread
            Ha ha - come on NLUK you can think of a better insult than that mun. Thats lame ass for you!
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

So what would you all do it for?

No payment on offer just TOIL for being on call. Yes I know TOIL but Im inside IR35 PS anyway so no issues.
              Client initially talked about 1/2 day per week which I thought was crap but is now offering 1 day for a 7 day oncall week. Not so bad but not brilliant. Not many calls though to be honest.

Of course, you've got to count the goodwill garnered by agreeing to do this or the negative vibes that would come from saying no.

Anyone else similar?
              You should ask for the day TOIL for being on call (your on call allowance) and 1hr per call received plus time spent on any call > 1hr
              "why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Comment

Having the option of 1 day TOIL or 1 day's rate seems preferable, with you able to choose flexibly as you find best once you've been doing it a while.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Ha ha - come on NLUK you can think of a better insult than that mun. Thats lamB ass for you!
                  FTFY!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                  X