• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Renewal negotation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Why isn't 11 pronounced onety one?
    I’m pretty sure it is pronounced onety one. That’s how my accountant says it!

Comment

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
      I love these kind of posts where a new poster goes "I went in at a lowish rate, worked like a tramp and helped convert the permies to contractors. Think Im worth, say, £525 a day at renewal because, well, why not?"

Sits back and watches
      Well please give me your 2 cents if you’ve done this before or if you’ve been stung in the past. More likely the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        450 is a reasonable increase, can't see them going beyond a 10% increase.

Anyway good luck.
        Thanks for your advice.

Comment

Originally posted by CoderSaturn View Post
          Well please give me your 2 cents if you’ve done this before or if you’ve been stung in the past. More likely the latter.
          Haha. If you want to believe that matey knock yourself out. Im not the one bleating on a webforum asking for back up when my £100 a day renewal increase is knocked back. Know what I mean? Probably not, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
            You'd better have a response ready for when they fail to meet your number.
            Wot? three?

Comment

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
              Haha. If you want to believe that matey knock yourself out. Im not the one bleating on a webforum asking for back up when my £100 a day renewal increase is knocked back. Know what I mean? Probably not, eh?
              Im asking for advice not backup you tit. Lol.

Comment

Manchester. Yes, I agree £425 is a good rate. Like I mentioned above, I dont really need the extra but its more about principle about working hard and being rewarded, especially when the people you’re working with are connected at a CIO level and taking the big money for themselves.
                Ah, so it's jealousy A bit like the permie on 45K seeing the contractor raking in £425 a day.

If £425 is a good rate, don't get greedy. £0 doesn't go too far these days.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Ah, so it's jealousy A bit like the permie on 45K seeing the contractor raking in £425 a day.

If £425 is a good rate, don't get greedy. £0 doesn't go too far these days.

Agree that £425 is a good rate and I can’t really moan at the extension, what I’ve done is bold but 100% not due to jealously. I’ve worked with them before and always deliver, told by them they’d up it quite abit and they haven’t. I just want a bit more as I feel it’s what I deserve that is all.
                  Last edited by CoderSaturn; 16 February 2018, 21:18.

Comment

Agree that £425 is a good rate and I can’t really moan at the extension, what I’ve done is bold. I’ve worked with them before and always deliver, told by them they’d up it quite abit and they haven’t. I just want a bit more as I feel it’s what I deserve that is all.
                    Then insist on it or walk (and potentially end up with £0). You don't really have any other options.

Comment

True, that’s why I would ideally line up another deal elsewhere incase they said no.
                      Why wait? The current managers have already made it clear to you that they do not think you're worth $525/day. If you believe you can get that rate (or something close to that) elsewhere, then go get it. Time waits for no man.

Comment

Working...
                      X