• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well done Iceland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    But having it done at 16/18 is a major thing. I know someone who had it done for medical reasons as an adult. For a baby it's not barbaric or traumatic. They have no recollection of it.
    My point isn't about how painful that it is. It's about parents that mutilate their children in the name of religion.

Comment

Originally posted by grabri View Post
      My point isn't about how painful that it is. It's about parents that mutilate their children in the name of religion.
      Since secular Jews and non-believing Jews often circumcise their kids, it's rather in the name of culture, rather than religion.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It's not mutilation. At least not according to the dictionary. It's a trivial operation.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I concede that it may be more of a cultural convention than a religious one - doesn't make it right though.

So where would you like to draw the line - male circumcision is OK? female circumcision? branding? facial tattoos?
          Last edited by grabri; 20 February 2018, 23:25. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by grabri View Post
            I concede that it may be more of a cultural convention than a religious on - doesn't make it right though.

So where would you like to draw the line - male circumcision is OK? female circumcision? branding? facial tattoos?
            Female circumcision causes massive health issues for women and should be entirely eradicated. It is of an entirely different order to male circumcision. As for branding and tattoos - which cultures do this?
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Female circumcision causes massive health issues for women and should be entirely eradicated. It is of an entirely different order to male circumcision. As for branding and tattoos - which cultures do this?
              Female v Male circumcision I entirely agree - not trying to equate the two. Just trying to figure out what degree of mutilation is acceptable to those that are advocates of male circumcision and who makes that decision?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                It's not mutilation. At least not according to the dictionary. It's a trivial operation.
                But sometimes, it's just so inconvenient....

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                  In your opinion. Ask Jews what they want. We're in danger of practising the tyranny of the majority.
                  How many would be willing to sign up to having it done at bar-mitzvah time? Thought not...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

It's mutilation without individual consent.

When that consent is given, for whatever reason, fine. Otherwise a law to prosecute those that would harm others is logical in my book.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      It's mutilation without individual consent.

When that consent is given, for whatever reason, fine. Otherwise a law to prosecute those that would harm others is logical in my book.
                      How do you feel about ear piercings on 2 year olds (and younger) then?

Comment

Working...
                      X