• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well done Iceland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done Iceland

Iceland's move to ban circumcisions trigger strong Jewish opposition
    Iceland move to ban circumcisions trigger Jewish protests | Daily Mail Online
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Iceland's move to ban circumcisions trigger strong Jewish opposition
    Iceland move to ban circumcisions trigger Jewish protests | Daily Mail Online
    I'd imagine it's a bit warmer in Waitrose...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

"I wish I wasn't circumcised" said no Jew ever.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
        "I wish I wasn't circumcised" said no Jew ever.
        Apart from the many, many who have had botched ones.

It's a barbaric practice really that serves no purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
          Apart from the many, many who have had botched ones.

It servers a cultural and religious purpose, and that's all it needs these days. God forbid we upset a 5000 year old tradition, for that would be racist...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

In your opinion. Ask Jews what they want. We're in danger of practising the tyranny of the majority.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
              In your opinion. Ask Jews what they want. We're in danger of practising the tyranny of the majority.
              That's the problem, most Jewish boys who are circumcised have no say on whether or not it is done. That choice is taken away from them. Happy enough for them to make that decision when they are 16 or 18, I think you might find that their opinion might differ then.

Comment

But having it done at 16/18 is a major thing. I know someone who had it done for medical reasons as an adult. For a baby it's not barbaric or traumatic. They have no recollection of it.

If we want to save babies pain, we should lobby for natural birth to be outlawed in favour of caesarean delivery - forget the pain of giving birth, have you considered how brutal and barbaric it is to have your head squeezed so hard it changes shape?

I never understood why it's so common in the USA though... seems common regardless of religion.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

...unless, it's done for medical reasons...?
                  And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
                    ...unless, it's done for medical reasons...?
                    But that's like bringing up the incest/rape argument when talking about abortion... it's a tiny subset of cases that should be viewed separately, not used to argue for the general case.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X