• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Communist Corbyn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    That was Neil asking an unanswerable question. There is no accusation that CornBin "betrayed his country", it's a question of his judgement in being associated with a foreign diplomat and failing to explain why. Let's face it, he was in no position to harm anything 30 years ago, but now he is, potentially, so it's right to question his motives and beliefs.

And nobody, let alone Baker, would answer a stupid question along the lines of "Have you stopped beating your wife" just to satisfy Neil's attempt to be the people's champion of truth and reason. He didn't lie, he simply refused to be bullied. Not sure that's a bad thing personally.
    Seems to me Corbyn 30 years ago is a different animal than current Corbyn. There's no doubt in my mind he did a lot of stupid things when younger, IRA, etc, but I suspect he was just guilty of idealism. I certainly was when I joined CND and the CPGB as a 17 year old.

Is it fair to judge ones current self against one's former one? I think it was GK Chesterton who once said 'The folly of men's youth is by retrospect glorious compared by Eddie Waring to that of our old age'.

Comment

He was a 40 years old 30 years ago.

He's a moron, was then, still is now.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        That was Neil asking an unanswerable question. There is no accusation that CornBin "betrayed his country", it's a question of his judgement in being associated with a foreign diplomat and failing to explain why. Let's face it, he was in no position to harm anything 30 years ago, but now he is, potentially, so it's right to question his motives and beliefs.

And nobody, let alone Baker, would answer a stupid question along the lines of "Have you stopped beating your wife" just to satisfy Neil's attempt to be the people's champion of truth and reason. He didn't lie, he simply refused to be bullied. Not sure that's a bad thing personally.
        Tory MP Ben Bradley said "Corbyn sold British secrets to communist spies".

Selling secrets to spies is betraying your country.
        It wasn't "associated with a foreign diplomat" it was "sold British secrets to communist spies"
        There's a bit of a difference. Can you spot it?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

No, not betraying his country, just compared to Kim Philby.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            I wonder if the Tories realise that we live in a globalised economy and that is why they want to leave the world's largest trading block? BTW, are you American?
            Most of the Conservative MPs are remainers, they are simply after the Brexit voters which is probably why they are making such a mess of the negotiations to date. Nevertheless, if Britain remains in the EU Corbyn's proposals would breach their rules so make up your mind about where you stand instead of sniping snide insinuations.

I am an Englishman but having grown-up during the '70s I've seen the Corbyn movie before and it doesn't end well. I want all the good things you want for Britain but I can see when politicians are selling me lies and half-truths. Currently, nobody is offering viable solutions as far as I can see.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
              Most of the Conservative MPs are remainers, they are simply after the Brexit voters which is probably why they are making such a mess of the negotiations to date. Nevertheless, if Britain remains in the EU Corbyn's proposals would breach their rules so make up your mind about where you stand instead of sniping snide insinuations.

I am an Englishman but having grown-up during the '70s I've seen the Corbyn movie before and it doesn't end well. I want all the good things you want for Britain but I can see when politicians are selling me lies and half-truths. Currently, nobody is offering viable solutions as far as I can see.
              Agreed.
              The b word exit cant be judged for 5/10 years.
              May is uninspiring spin and the worst election campaign in history etc etc - but JC is a whole new dangerous end game.

Comment

Unfortunately it really does come down to the fact the Tories are less carp that Labour. I don't think what the Tories are doing is good but rather the slow decline for now in hope someone decent appears on the scene to turn things around

Comment

Originally posted by jimjamuk View Post
                  Unfortunately it really does come down to the fact the Tories are less carp that Labour. I don't think what the Tories are doing is good but rather the slow decline for now in hope someone decent appears on the scene to turn things around
                  I think this comment captures the hopes of the country right now. We really are in the historic "pray for a good king" territory while we tread water.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post

I am an Englishman but having grown-up during the '70s.....
                    Me too, 50/50 Labour/Tory, Ted Heath and power cuts, the three day week, then the 80's even worse...

Comment

Working...
                    X