Communist Corbyn Communist Corbyn
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 49
  1. #1

    More fingers than teeth

    darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

    darmstadt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Eurozone
    Posts
    16,768

    Default Communist Corbyn

    I've kind of been following the right wing press about this Czech spy and Corbyn...

    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/559751...public-labour/
    Jeremy Corbyn was paid by Czech secret police spy claims | Daily Mail Online
    Czech agent claims 15 Labour MPs met spies as Ken Livingstone and John McDonnell deny claims

    Well I hope the journalists can read Slovakian because the supposed Czech spy has just given an interview there as well:

    https://www.cas.sk/clanok/658315/otv...byna-a-babisa/






    Oh dear, Boris and the spies: https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/ne...johnson/17/02/
    Last edited by darmstadt; 19th February 2018 at 08:07.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

  2. #2

    Contractor Among Contractors

    saptastic 's job has never been outsourced

    saptastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sixth Form
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    Forget his spy claims.

    Its about the potential damage he will do to everyone in the future...e.g.

    - Govt compulsory purchasing of empty houses - price determined by politicians
    - Nationalisation programme - all shares gone - politicians determines price of share purchase
    - Massive reform of Financial services with 1m employees including company acquisitions, further tax

    Get the overall direction - spend, grow govt and tear up enterprise and the free market.

  3. #3

    Dirty spekulant

    Jog On - scorchio!

    Jog On's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Troll farm somewhere in Russia
    Posts
    7,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saptastic View Post
    Forget his spy claims.

    Its about the potential damage he will do to everyone in the future...e.g.

    - Govt compulsory purchasing of empty houses - price determined by politicians
    - Nationalisation programme - all shares gone - politicians determines price of share purchase
    - Massive reform of Financial services with 1m employees including company acquisitions, further tax

    Get the overall direction - spend, grow govt and tear up enterprise and the free market.
    What he says now vs what he will realistically be able to do might not be the same. Although I don't doubt his intentions. This story is a show of desperation during the "then they fight you" stage though.

    Someone needs to do something about inequality, homelessness, massive tax evasion by big business, corrupt politicians and war for profit.

    Got any better ideas?
    Because feelings...

  4. #4

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH is always on top

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    17,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jog On View Post
    What he says now vs what he will realistically be able to do might not be the same. Although I don't doubt his intentions. This story is a show of desperation during the "then they fight you" stage though.

    Someone needs to do something about inequality, homelessness, massive tax evasion by big business, corrupt politicians and war for profit.

    Got any better ideas?
    You missed out things like university education fees/loans and chronic railways (east coast mainline, southern, etc)
    Strong and Stable Moderation

  5. #5

    Dirty spekulant

    Jog On - scorchio!

    Jog On's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Troll farm somewhere in Russia
    Posts
    7,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    You missed out things like university education fees/loans and chronic railways (east coast mainline, southern, etc)
    Oh and the NHS!
    Because feelings...

  6. #6

    Fingers like lightning

    Antman has more data than eek


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Location Location
    Posts
    921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jog On View Post
    What he says now vs what he will realistically be able to do might not be the same. Although I don't doubt his intentions. This story is a show of desperation during the "then they fight you" stage though.

    Someone needs to do something about inequality, homelessness, massive tax evasion by big business, corrupt politicians and war for profit.

    Got any better ideas?
    Inequality? He will do that? By making everybody poor?

  7. #7

    More fingers than teeth

    darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

    darmstadt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Eurozone
    Posts
    16,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saptastic View Post
    Forget his spy claims.
    The trouble is, the lies in the right wing media have now entered the public consciousness much like all the other lies that they've put out recently. It makes you think what they're worried about...bunch of *******
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

  8. #8

    Double Godlike!

    malvolio - scorchio!

    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...
    Posts
    11,344

    Default

    Do you really think we can support as PM someone who, two weeks after a terrorist group tried to murder the British government, invited their leaders to a meeting in the House? Or could wander around East Germany with his girlfriend unaccompanied? Or had to think twice about swearing allegiance to the Queen (i.e. the UK) as a Privy Councillor?

    The man's a nonentity and a figurehead. Look to his paymasters.
    Blog? What blog...?

  9. #9

    Contractor Among Contractors

    saptastic 's job has never been outsourced

    saptastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sixth Form
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    There are many issues to fix as referenced earlier
    However make no mistakes you cant fix them with a policy of high taxation and shrinking the economy.

  10. #10

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH is always on top

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    17,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saptastic View Post
    There are many issues to fix as referenced earlier
    However make no mistakes you cant fix them with a policy of high taxation and shrinking the economy.
    So do you say we should continue the policy of "do nothing and let it fail"?
    Strong and Stable Moderation

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •