• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London's property market crash has arrived

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London's property market crash has arrived

More doom and gloom or, depending on how you look at it, delightful news from ZeroHedge

2018-02-20 London's Property Crash Has Begun

Although they are undoubtedly permabears, and their apocalyptic warnings are often overstated, I reckon this time they're pretty much on the button.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Just in time for crypto Lambos
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      More doom and gloom or, depending on how you look at it, delightful news from ZeroHedge

2018-02-20 London's Property Crash Has Begun

Although they are undoubtedly permabears, and their apocalyptic warnings are often overstated, I reckon this time they're pretty much on the button.
      This is definitely happening - Housing has gone out of style

Everyone who wanted to buy one has suddenly stopped being interested

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Jack Kada View Post
        This is definitely happening - Housing has gone out of style

Everyone who wanted to buy one has suddenly stopped being interested
        I will be interested when the prices are 25% of what they are now
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

The gap between London and the rest of the country probably needs to narrow.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/infla...english-region

Comment

I wish I'd bought a flat in/near Moorgate when I was working there in the previous decade.

My wife and I still wouldn't mind a London pad for retirement. Would be nice to get it 50% off.

But for all those uneducated and unwashed masses that are wishing for a property crash: be warned that such a scenario would impact the entire country and even those who don't yet have their own home. It would unleash complete carnage for the economy.

So vote for Corbyn if you like, but don't for a second believe that he will "save" you or your country.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
              I wish I'd bought a flat in/near Moorgate when I was working there in the previous decade.

My wife and I still wouldn't mind a London pad for retirement. Would be nice to get it 50% off.

But for all those uneducated and unwashed masses that are wishing for a property crash: be warned that such a scenario would impact the entire country and even those who don't yet have their own home. It would unleash complete carnage for the economy.

So vote for Corbyn if you like, but don't for a second believe that he will "save" you or your country.
              Why? it would be no different from 1989 through to 1994 after the previous crash - granted in the worst examples some people remained in negative equity until the late 1990's

Also look at both Eire and Northern Ireland. Prices in Northern Ireland are still 30% below their 2007 peak...

Comment

A full blown Japan style crash is unlikely but a correction of 10-20% is possible and would be welcome. Just what is driving up the prices? An increase of 2k per month is being mentioned which just makes it look like a ponzi scheme.
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

It's nice to see the UK property crash theme make a comeback.

I can't see it ever happening with high immigration (they need houses to rent), low house building and a govt controlled by the banks.

Not until Korbyn arrives, and we become the European version of Venezuela....

Comment

Woohoo! I might be able to negotiate a rent reduction next year when I'm up for renewal.

Comment

Working...
                    X