• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That's all folks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Panics! Oh, wait, paid day off tomorrow too.
    How many days holiday do companies give these days? Best I had was 30 days plus BH, worst was 20 plus public holidyas. That's why I'd need a fantastic offer to go perm.

That said, you're a long time retired if you do it right.

Comment

Getting to learn R.
      I fecking hate R and also couldn't live without it.

Comment

Aye, but the CEO is very keen on BI/MI here so we're good for at least a couple of years by which time I'll have racked up a decent pay-off.

Panics! Oh, wait, paid day off tomorrow too.
        Best of luck. I went permie exactly three years ago. Lasted nearly four months before I handed in my month's notice, went back to contracting and then pinched the client. Turns out, I'm not a very good corporate citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          Best of luck. I went permie exactly three years ago. Lasted nearly four months before I handed in my month's notice, went back to contracting and then pinched the client. Turns out, I'm not a very good corporate citizen.
          Handed my notice in a couple of months ago. New job, even easier commute, 20% pay rise, wfh at least one day a week. Happy days again.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Handed my notice in a couple of months ago. New job, even easier commute, 20% pay rise, wfh at least one day a week. Happy days again.
            I think it's fair to say your next 6 - 12 months are going to be a lot less stressful than most of ours here! Glad it's working out for you!

By the way, Manchester Christmas meet this year.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
              I think it's fair to say your next 6 - 12 months are going to be a lot less stressful than most of ours here! Glad it's working out for you!

By the way, Manchester Christmas meet this year.
              Might consider it - as the only permie, etiquette dictates that half the people there will have gone home ill before it's my round.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Might consider it - as the only permie, etiquette dictates that half the people there will have gone home ill before it's my round.
                I'm a permy, daily commute 6 miles each way
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                  I'm a permy, daily commute 6 miles each way
                  so why are you so interested in spending your time on a forum which I guess is more suited to contractors? Beats me!

Comment

I'm 50% permie. Commute all the way to my home office.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I'm permie - 45 minute each way daily commute (assuming I miss rush hour).

32 days per year holiday

can work from home 2 days a week (but mainly only do 1)

Comment

Working...
                      X