• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Most billable days in a financial year?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most billable days in a financial year?

I'm staring at 266 this financial year ending March 2018 which is my best ever. Probably explains why I'm burnt out.

What's your record?
    Last edited by oliverson; 21 February 2018, 10:36.

Dunno, don't care, probably lower than that! I pride myself on the amount of time off I've been able to have

Comment

When you have multiple clients, it's not difficult to get more than 366 in a leap year - and still have time off.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Plenty of threads where people have waved their willys in the past. Here is one for example..

https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...7-jan-dec.html
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I’m aiming for no more than 220. And no less than 200.

266 is ridiculous imo. As it’s usually max around 255 excluding weekend and BH so I assume you’re working BH/WE.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            When you have multiple clients, it's not difficult to get more than 366 in a leap year - and still have time off.
            Hmm good point. If I include software sales, whose work consisted of me making an invoice, then I guess that adds an extra couple of months. Happy days!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Plenty of threads where people have waved their willys in the past. Here is one for example..

https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...7-jan-dec.html
              ha ha, great find. Good reading.

Comment

Originally posted by MrButton View Post
                I’m aiming for no more than 220. And no less than 200.

266 is ridiculous imo. As it’s usually max around 255 excluding weekend and BH so I assume you’re working BH/WE.
                yes, weekend work was required. It would have been more had it not been for family bereavement.

The previous 3 months was 24, 24 and 23 days. I think it's time for a rest.

Comment

Enough to pay the bills and have some cash left over for a bit of living.
                  And enough non-billable days to do a bit of living.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Enough to pay the bills and have some cash left over for a bit of living.
                    And enough non-billable days to do a bit of living.
                    Ditto that! I had three concurrent clients last year so I had flurries of busy but earned lots to have a month off over Christmas/New Year and a nice trip to Oz. I am trying to line up more part time work with multiple clients as I really like the variety and flexibility. If you can manage their expectations and your time, it's great!
                    Last edited by ladymuck; 21 February 2018, 11:26.

Comment

Working...
                    X