• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Watching rugby in Edinburgh - recommendations?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took Frau D. to Edinburgh once. Parked the car, opened the door and there was a huge turd on the pavement. Shut the door and decided to go to Glasgow instead.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      I took my Mrs to Edinburgh for her 50th as well, I even booked a table. She was raging. She hates playing snooker.
      Did you not show her the easy pink then take on a tricky, tight brown?

Oh matron!

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        I suggest you break it to her gently, especially as she'll be watching England win the Grand Slam against Ireland...
        Not even going to watch that game - just in case England do win.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Grassmarket is generally a safe bet for this kind of stuff as there are many bars.

Although Brewhemia...

https://brewhemia.co.uk/six-nations/

..used to be a crap sportbar but seems to have been cleaned up and is advertising the match

Avoid the new town and Lothian Road.

Comment

the Cask and Barrel at the bottom of broughton st is good for sport, beer, service, and atmosphere
            IMMHO
            and it's mostly local trade, so far from the madding crowd of english/yankee/stag party/tec tourists

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              Grassmarket is generally a safe bet for this kind of stuff as there are many bars.

Although Brewhemia...

https://brewhemia.co.uk/six-nations/

..used to be a crap sportbar but seems to have been cleaned up and is advertising the match

Avoid the new town and Lothian Road.
              Aye their doing a package for £30 each. Two pints and a platter.

£5+ a pint in there mind.... feck me.

Lothian rd is where we're staying. whats wrong with that?
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

It generally thought of as the rougher part of central Edinburgh, but really it's not that rough. There are a few strip places and some slightly iffy nightclubs.

Comment

Working...
                X