• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Change in lifestyle and ramifications of going PERM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change in lifestyle and ramifications of going PERM

Hi All and thanks in advance.

I have been contracting for 30 years as a Technical Writer. I have just enjoyed a year off, which is one of the many reasons that I contracted for all these years, freeeedom. Sure you understand.

I'm looking at going permanent for a few reasons. There are contracts, but the mid range contract rate for Techwriters/Testers and alike makes contracting less attractive with new tax implications.
    Along with that, I've see some interesting permanent roles, so feel pretty positive to jump into the world of 'commitment'.

My questions:

When I go permanent, what will I need to do with my limited company?
    Any of you good folk gone dormant?
    Or should I close it down? I just don't fancy all the EOY, accountancy fees etc.
    And what is the most tax efficient thing to with the capital in company account.... about 30K after this years coorp tax and EOY?
    I'm guessing, soon as I start new perm role, stop paying a salary for company.

Any advice on the above greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    Craig

Speak to your accountant is the first piece of advice.

You could consider making a pension payment of the remaining equity then close down the company.

Comment

Don't do it.....

Comment

If there are no creditors then request the company is struck off by Co House. If hmrc are the only creditors it is still possible but you have to write to them (Google it)

Comment

redundancy payment

Originally posted by CraigC View Post
          capital in company account.... about 30K
          £30K - Free Money

Comment

Sigh..another one post wonder.

Tell me Craig, have you ever seen a fat lazy contractor naked?
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
            X