• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    You need scarce 'stuff' for inflation and with China open and loads of oil we will be awash with much cheapness. Sterling is up against the Euro, depends how much we bend the rules as to the health of sterling, we can't take the p*** as much as the yanks.
    Have you tried getting toilet paper recently ?

If manufacturers don't back to work there will be plenty of scarcity. Our company for example couldn't get new Laptops. If they do then we don't have a problem and the economy will be back to normal.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

I switched energy suppliers today at 1600 and...

I'm sure that this is just a coincidence.
      Last edited by wattaj; 1 May 2020, 15:21. Reason: Clarity.
      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post

Your graph is fake!!! Did you not see Scooty's graph earlier showing the V shape and going up .... it can't be going down no, Scooty didn't approve it
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          Your graph is fake!!! Did you not see Scooty's graph earlier showing the V shape and going up .... it can't be going down no, Scooty didn't approve it
          Well, TBF, the price did recover shortly after this dip, so not all bad for the Scoots.
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post

2 minute chart

What do you possibly hope to tell from that?
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Musk been on the weed again?

Elon Musk tweet wipes $14bn off Tesla's value
              Tesla boss Elon Musk wiped $14bn (£11bn) off the carmaker's value after tweeting its share price was too high.

It also knocked $3bn off Mr Musk's own stake in Tesla as investors promptly bailed out of the company.

So much for passing his tweets past a lawyer first. Though with some of the other things he's tweeted and been reported as saying recently maybe he's suffering from lockdown syndrome with an unsuitable partner.

I'm sure the fall in share price is only temporary and like the rest of the stock market and global economy it will bounce back soon.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                Musk been on the weed again?

Elon Musk tweet wipes $14bn off Tesla's value

So much for passing his tweets past a lawyer first. Though with some of the other things he's tweeted and been reported as saying recently maybe he's suffering from lockdown syndrome with an unsuitable partner.

I'm sure the fall in share price is only temporary and like the rest of the stock market and global economy it will bounce back soon.
                Ratner moment - Wiktionary

Comment

The loss on the oil trade stings huh?

That's cute.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    The loss on the oil trade stings huh?

That's cute.
                    Yeah, that trade is still open. Was a wrong call by me. £2000 underwater, but positive swap means I receive about £200 per day whilst it is open.

That trade went wrong, total hands up there.

What is it you say, it's not a loss unless you close the trade at loss, so by your logic, I'm still a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      What is it you say, it's not a loss unless you close the trade at loss, so by your logic, I'm still a winner.

Exactly so. You'd be surprised how many people do.

Comment

Working...
                      X