• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid annual vaccine shot @ 10k should get GDP back where it was and then some

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      The fact is that the economy will grow, because it dropped so much. What matters is whether it's growing. If it grows, stocks go up. Too many bears are overlooking this fact. Sure there'll be wobbles and corrections but the general direction is probably going to be up.

Traffic is more or less back to normal in Germany.
      We are in the midst of the biggest contraction of GDP in a century, possibly ever, that is the fact the non bears are overlooking. If govts weren't paying the wages and buying the debt of lots of large companies then the stockmarket would have cratered.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
        We are in the midst of the biggest contraction of GDP in a century, possibly ever, that is the fact the non bears are overlooking. If govts weren't paying the wages and buying the debt of lots of large companies then the stockmarket would have cratered.
        Quite right, but there is a stimulus and the bears can argue that "that is cheating", but there is a stimulus, and whilst there is a stimulus there will be no cratering.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Quite right, but there is a stimulus and the bears can argue that "that is cheating", but there is a stimulus, and whilst there is a stimulus there will be no cratering YET.

…..

Comment

The longer it lasts the less likely there will be a cratering. The economy is sparking into life.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Covid annual vaccine shot @ 10k should get GDP back where it was and then some
              The real money is in weaponisation, not vaccines.

Comment

I think the stock market bounce has ended, and we are into the next down leg.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  I think the stock market bounce has ended, and we are into the next down leg.
                  I think it will go up
                  all those trillions of dollars have to go somewhere

Comment

Centrica 34.3p

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                      I think it will go up
                      all those trillions of dollars have to go somewhere
                      ^^ This. The balloon is still being inflated.
                      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Working...
                      X