• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    It's a game of chicken.
    ^^ This.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      As long as you make investments with the knowledge that the US will do whatever it takes to keep the USD as the FIAT currency of choice for the world, it's not too difficult to make decisions.
      Erm, if you don’t like dollars - don’t use them, nobody is forcing you.

Good time for fking Mor Ons to bring back that old “Saddam wanted to sell oil for EUR and that’s why US invaded” moronic theory

Comment

The risk is that 'the market' and the economy has been rescued by the central banks a number of times by increasingly bending the rules and it's priced now in the belief that they can keep pulling it off. But at some stage that belief might break and we'll all be saying why didn't we see that coming. A few perma bear experts will emerge when their prediction finally comes true. It's a game of chicken.
        +1

This time might be different.
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

But at some stage that belief might break and we'll all be saying why didn't we see that coming.
          Well, yeah. But that warning hasn't really stopped since early 2009.

Eventually, something bad will happen, you won't see it coming, and you will lose money.

You just need to ensure that, when you take that 50% hit, it's a 50% hit from your 400% profit over the last decade. If you're aiming to buy low, sell high, you'll probably never buy. Selling higher than you bought is good enough

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Erm, if you don’t like dollars - don’t use them, nobody is forcing you.

Good time for fking Mor Ons to bring back that old “Saddam wanted to sell oil for EUR and that’s why US invaded” moronic theory
            I didn't say use them or don't; I said to take it into consideration that the 'muricans will do whatever is necessary to protect the dollar.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              I didn't say use them or don't; I said to take it into consideration that the 'muricans will do whatever is necessary to protect the dollar.
              And maybe that’s why people like it? You can use 20 year old dollars just fine, try using 20 year old Sterling - BoE seems to be changing it every 10 years now.

And btw EUR is now nice balancing reserve currency - 50/50 split EUR/USD gives nice hedge, Sterling and other currencies are 2nd tier now

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                Well, yeah. But that warning hasn't really stopped since early 2009.

Eventually, something bad will happen, you won't see it coming, and you will lose money.

You just need to ensure that, when you take that 50% hit, it's a 50% hit from your 400% profit over the last decade. If you're aiming to buy low, sell high, you'll probably never buy. Selling higher than you bought is good enough
                I've been mostly invested. No choice if you are trying to get an income. Collecting divis is my game. I do feel I've got out of jail though with this rally and it might be time to bank some of it but then again

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                  We're not far off from being able to say, categorically, that the Nasdaq and S&P 500 have made a V shaped recovery.

NYSE and FTSE not quite there, but looking very V-ey, it's not looking good for the perma-bears.

No one is talking about a 'v' shaped recovery huh...
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The risk is that 'the market' and the economy has been rescued by the central banks a number of times by increasingly bending the rules and it's priced now in the belief that they can keep pulling it off. But at some stage that belief might break and we'll all be saying why didn't we see that coming. A few perma bear experts will emerge when their prediction finally comes true. It's a game of chicken.
                    Those that control their emotions eat chicken for breakfast.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Take profits @ and until 6700. Remember, we continue to be in a bear market. It is possible to make profits during this period but you'll find 90% of trades are emotional ones.

The monthly chart will be interesting at the end of this month - the blue line is a 21-month moving average. Many many individuals / family offices use this for bull / bear market identification. If 6700 is confirmed as resistance, we're for sure continuing to be in a bear market until 2023.

Comment

Working...
                      X