• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Try ANDYW's mum
    FTFY

Comment

Getting very very close now... weeks of carnage ahead. Not even AMD will survive. Hope you're all ready...

Same holds true for FTSE 100

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      3-day death cross looking very very close now.

If those two lines should cross, it'll be a calamity. Why? Because in the history of this index that has been the case, not because Scooty has said so.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Getting very very close now... weeks of carnage ahead. Not even AMD will survive. Hope you're all ready... Same holds true for FTSE 100

Comment

Getting very very close now... weeks of carnage ahead. Not even AMD will survive. Hope you're all ready...

My FibberKnackered Equation says it ain't gonna happen.

Note.
          My FibberKnackered Equation has never been proved wrong!
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

You were doing well before, treading that fine line between not letting people know for sure if you were young and naive, trolling or just downright stupid.

Trolling it is (but with the other two being contributing factors).

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

You were doing well before, treading that fine line between not letting people know for sure if you were young and naive, trolling or just downright stupid.

Trolling it is (but with the other two being contributing factors).
              You can sense the insecurity/fragility in recent posts, so I don't think he's trolling.

Comment

Thanks God we have pooper warning system for the stock market.
                we are ready for the crash

Comment

To be fair to him (I know, it's hard) there is a lot of uncertainty around the stock markets and more money is pouring into gold. Problem with gold is, it costs money to hold and there is no 'income', so it's not for the majority of people. Even if the markets do drop, so long as you're in for the long haul then nothing to worry about. Only those investing cash they need soon should be nervous - everyone else can just ride the storm. And if you do need the cash in the short term then you shouldn't really be investing in high risk assets.

He does seem to be getting desperate though - sure hope he cashes his Centrica out soon and doesn't get too greedy
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                    You can sense the insecurity/fragility in recent posts, so I don't think he's trolling.
                    That's my feeling too.

He's in danger of making himself ill, as well as poorer, if he carries on down this path.

The most recent trade he posted was insane.
                    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2793313
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      To be fair to him (I know, it's hard) there is a lot of uncertainty around the stock markets and more money is pouring into gold. Problem with gold is, it costs money to hold and there is no 'income', so it's not for the majority of people. Even if the markets do drop, so long as you're in for the long haul then nothing to worry about. Only those investing cash they need soon should be nervous - everyone else can just ride the storm. And if you do need the cash in the short term then you shouldn't really be investing in high risk assets.

Every gold bug is saying the same thing. Money is not pouring into gold - the truth is the dollar is collapsing, evidence below. This event is going to be different from previous recessions in your lifetime. Don't let hubris let you believe gold is reaching some new paradigm.

The monthly chart below is an index comparing all the world's currencies against the dollar. Normally in a recession people flock to the dollar (not gold - you'll always notice gold goes up following a recession, but during it they sell it because they need cash).

Read / watch 'The princess of the Yen' and quickly... US stocks are having a late 80's Japan moment, it'll be 10 years before you get back to where you are today - some investment.

Last edited by scooterscot; 28 July 2020, 11:04.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X