• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
    The same, I already held some, but bought more when the covid crash happened.

I’m going to keep holding long term. Coupled with Amazon thats 20% of the SMT portfolio in 2 stocks, but their ability to pick and invest in disrupter unlisted Companies I’m interested in.

No problem will people selling this stock though, its had an incredible run. Just not my investment strategy.
    I forget what but the advised switch was broadly similar, disruptive tech. Just adds a bit more diversity.

That said my big concern is Elon himself. I do not trust him and I do not want my money tied up with his Twitter account as he falls further off the rails.

If I was going to invest in one of his companies, I would be more interested in SpaceX I reckon.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      That’s timing the market - something you’ve claimed you were not doing...
      I've explained so many times what I do, I balance probability of return with risk to the downside. If that happens to occur at the extremes of price action, that's just luck, as it seems to be with my CNA stock now trading 2% less from my sell price.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

FTSE testing the 6000 point ....

People losing confidence in the Tory shower?
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Don't think it's anything to do with the Tories, checkout EURO STOXX 50.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

How's that 24% doing?
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

FTSE 100 - there she blows - back under 6000

There goes the 'V' shaped recovery. That trend line 'failed support' was very important for the 'V' shaped recovery idea. It has been acting as support and resistance since the summer of 2017.

Comment

The other person I don't want my wealth tied to is Mr. Trump. That is much much harder!

Genuinely considering again whether to sell up and sit on it until '21.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  How's that 24% doing?
                  Ask me again in 20 years when I need the money

Until that point I'll just continue to roll along in my day job
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

HSBC -50% since February

Remember what I said earlier in the thread - HSBC might go bankrupt? And do you also remember what I said would happen to the price of gold if it did? The largest custodian of paper gold (spot gold) is in the charge of HSBC.

HSBC profits plunge 96% as loan-loss provisions jump on coronavirus

The move means HSBC so far has set aside $6.9bn for souring loans in 2020 and the bank raised its forecast for provisions for the full year to between $8bn and $13bn, reflecting “the deterioration in consensus economic forecasts”. The bank also said it planned to “accelerate” its 35,000 job-cuts programme announced earlier this year and may consider further restructuring measures to trim costs.

As a result, HSBC’s second-quarter net income was almost wiped out, plunging 96 per cent to $192m, far below the $1.3bn expected by analysts. Revenue fell 4 per cent to $13bn largely due to a decline in retail banking income, which was partially offset by a surge in trading at the investment bank.

Does all this sound familiar?

The Collapse of Lehman Brothers: A Case Study

Facing a $3.9 billion loss, which included a $5.6 billion write-down, the firm announced an extensive strategic corporate restructuring effort. Moody's Investor Service also announced that it was reviewing Lehman's credit ratings, and it found that the only way for Lehman to avoid a rating downgrade would be to sell a majority stake to a strategic partner. By Sept. 11, the stock had suffered another massive plunge (42%) due to these developments.8

If I has an account with HSBC right now, I'd be closing it before they close me out of it. Yes the Government guarantees deposits - but if it takes you 3 months to access...

Comment

Difficult to remember anything amongst all the self promoting, missed prediction and generally delusional posts you make.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X