• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Remember what I said earlier in the thread - HSBC might go bankrupt? And do you also remember what I said would happen to the price of gold if it did? The largest custodian of paper gold (spot gold) is in the charge of HSBC.

HSBC profits plunge 96% as loan-loss provisions jump on coronavirus

Does all this sound familiar?

The Collapse of Lehman Brothers: A Case Study

If I has an account with HSBC right now, I'd be closing it before they close me out of it. Yes the Government guarantees deposits - but if it takes you 3 months to access...

You also said nothing that is happening in the markets was related to the global pandemic .... and now you're saying HSBC is related to the impact of C19.

HSBC profits are down, but they have a pretty robust balance sheet hence why their stock price hasn't dropped much on this news. They're also in the midst of a fairly major re-org with lots of job losses (and hence reduced cost base).

HSBC was one of the few banks that didn't take government help during the banking crisis, so if HSBC go then it's likely other banks would go first.

But do keep up your doom-mongering and trying to start a run on the bank if that makes you feel good
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      But do keep up your doom-mongering and trying to start a run on the bank if that makes you feel good
      I'm still not sure if he's deluded, or if he's in over his head and this is a desperate (if futile) attempt to manipulate the market. He seems to have a (extremely unwarranted) high opinion of his own importance, so perhaps he really does think doom-mongering to handful of IT folk can move the market.

Comment

You also said nothing that is happening in the markets was related to the global pandemic .... and now you're saying HSBC is related to the impact of C19.
        Never waste a good crisis. Any MD who does is an idiot.

Correct, their doom is nothing to do with c19. Nothing.
        Last edited by scooterscot; 3 August 2020, 15:20.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Never waste a good crisis. And MD who does is an idiot.

Correct, their doom is nothing to do with c19. Nothing.
          How's that stock market crash you called going?

Comment

It's going awesome. 2 years in the making and nothing, nadda, no real gain, only losses. Crazy. And there's a lot more pain to come. Lots. Cash waiting at the bottom...

Just in case it is unclear to you (as we all know it is) the thread on this topic began at the callout below. Absolutely nailed it. Long before the virus came along - how did I know?!

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Two years later you say you nailed it????
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Just in case it is unclear to you (as we all know it is) the thread on this topic began at the callout below. Absolutely nailed it.

Long before the virus came along - how did I know?!

Cracks me up. You called a crash (although we haven't actually seen a crash) that only happened because of the pandemic and still you're claiming you got it right

Let us know when it gets to 3000 as you predicted

Comment

You got me, I get it all from futurescot.com

Told you. And I'll tell you another, it's going to 5000, worst case 4000. And worst worst case <4000 when Corbyn gets in.

If you you look at the 3 month chart you can see a classic bear trap formation in the past month, which was a lot sooner than I expected. With Trump announcing the import tariffs on Steel we might see a strong correction a lot sooner. Should make Regretxit more interesting. Invest in Baked beans or Bitcoin (when the stock market correction begins proper watch the Crypto market explode upward).

You posted this March 2018. Sure fire crash coming with the market going to 5000 and possibly <4000

You see how wrong you was 2 years ago, and how little you know? Even after a global pandemic with whole economies closing down the market has only dropped to 6000 - ok, it did go to 5400 at one point but that was still higher than you call 2.5 years ago.

Had anyone taken your advice they would have missed out on the past 2 years investment opportunities.

You're a fool.

Comment

HSBC is in deep tulip because now it is the Chinese bank - relying on Hong Kong was the deep flaw in their strategy.

Comment

You posted this March 2018. Sure fire crash coming with the market going to 5000 and possibly <4000

You see how wrong you was 2 years ago, and how little you know? Even after a global pandemic with whole economies closing down the market has only dropped to 6000 - ok, it did go to 5400 at one point but that was still higher than you call 2.5 years ago.

Had anyone taken your advice they would have missed out on the past 2 years investment opportunities.

You're a fool.
                      Wrong how? If you held in cash 2 years ago you'd be still holding more value today than is now possible. How can you be that obtuse?

4000 is on the way - fill your boots if you believe otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                      X