• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“S&P 500 Closes at New All-Time High

Continuing an impressive recovery from being depressed early in the coronavius pandemic, the S&P 500 index hit a new record high on Tuesday. The benchmark stock index recorded a 0.2% increase on the day to land at just under 3,390. “

S&P 500 Closes at New All-Time High | The Motley Fool

Comment

I think this will carry on for a while. Bunch of people with a sudden increase in disposable income buying TSLA memes.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
        I think this will carry on for a while. Bunch of people with a sudden increase in disposable income buying TSLA memes.
        TSLA is the new crypto.
        Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
          TSLA is the new crypto.
          As previously commented, I don’t directly own Tesla stock. I prefer investment Trusts.

SMT.L is my core holding, and I also hold EWI.L to a lesser degree.

These combined due to the weightings means TSLA is indirectly my largest holding. Oh and SMT.L invests in SpaceX as well.

Suggest everyone reads this before dismissing TSLA. The guy makes a very strong case:

Tesla Stock Value Forecast: Worth TRILLIONS by 2030

As always DYOR

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
            As previously commented, I don’t directly own Tesla stock. I prefer investment Trusts.

SMT.L is my core holding, and I also hold EWI.L to a lesser degree.

These combined due to the weightings means TSLA is indirectly my largest holding. Oh and SMT.L invests in SpaceX as well.

Suggest everyone reads this before dismissing TSLA. The guy makes a very strong case:

Tesla Stock Value Forecast: Worth TRILLIONS by 2030

As always DYOR
            Tesla clearly isn't crypto as Tesla represents productive capacity and IP. Whether or not it is intrinsically worth its value is a matter for the market to discover. Eventually the market will discover that crypto is intrinsically worthless, but the market can stay "wrong" a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Tesla clearly isn't crypto as Tesla represents productive capacity and IP. Whether or not it is intrinsically worth its value is a matter for the market to discover. Eventually the market will discover that crypto is intrinsically worthless, but the market can stay "wrong" a long time.
              Totally agree.

Tesla is only worth a small fraction of its current price based on its earnings and its only just started making a profit...however..

There is another company that had a similar ratio at that stage called Amazon, and they turned out ok.

Scooterscot sold some of his portfolio because it held too much Tesla. I’m going to hold.

Lets see how it all pans out. So far, the price has kept rising.
              Last edited by BABABlackSheep; 26 August 2020, 09:07.

Comment

No ftse updates lately from our resident chartist?

No idea myself.. either 6000 is the support level, or someone will tell us 6200 is the ceiling and it’s going to crash horribly.

Comment

Anyone else bought into the hype that is SYME (Supply@Me Capital)?

Wouldn't normally touch penny stocks, but the noise got me overexcited and bought at .26p - worked out well so far, although now seems to be holding steady but promising signs going forwards.. Interesting business model - "inventory monetisation". Could be a goer, but equally at that price could crash and burn horribly.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
                    No ftse updates lately from our resident chartist?

No idea myself.. either 6000 is the support level, or someone will tell us 6200 is the ceiling and it’s going to crash horribly.
                    I wonder if he got out of that (made up?) leveraged ETH short position? Crypto has done well all month, any leveraged short would be haemorrhaging $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                      I wonder if he got out of that (made up?) leveraged ETH short position? Crypto has done well all month, any leveraged short would be haemorrhaging $$$.
                      I was pleasantly surprised when I checked my crypto investment, £100 trial investment across various markets now worth £160. It's a better return than my savings account.
                      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Working...
                      X