• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Short Lambos and buy gold?
    marry a rich partner?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      (Clean energy) solar powered rechargeable batteries?
      That'll work for you but what about the other 5 people who will still be holding Bitcoins?

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
        That'll work for you but what about the other 5 people who will still be holding Bitcoins?
        We will be the new oligarchs and overlords
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          We will be the new oligarchs and overlords
          I, for one, welcome our new Bitcoin overlords.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            for the record if you want to know what a preper should keep in stock... here's the list:

Dakota: Lessons from Sarajevo

I don't see clean energy etf's or bitcoins in there

how will your bitcoin wallet work in the event of a power cut ?

Milan.
            Where do you store all this stuff?
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Who is this Scootscot? Is he from the future?

FTSE at 1 year low today.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

You got me, I get it all from futurescot.com

Told you. And I'll tell you another, it's going to 5000, worst case 4000. And worst worst case <4000 when Corbyn gets in.

If you you look at the 3 month chart you can see a classic bear trap formation in the past month, which was a lot sooner than I expected. With Trump announcing the import tariffs on Steel we might see a strong correction a lot sooner. Should make Regretxit more interesting. Invest in Baked beans or Bitcoin (when the stock market correction begins proper watch the Crypto market explode upward).

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  You got me, I get it all from FutureScot - Reporting on the Scottish Digital Tech Sector

Told you. And I'll tell you another, it's going to 5000, worst case 4000. And worst worst case <4000 when Corbyn gets in.

If you you look at the 3 month chart you can see a classic bear trap formation in the past month, which was a lot sooner than I expected. With Trump announcing the import tariffs on Steel we might see a strong correction a lot sooner. Should make Regretxit more interesting. Invest in Baked beans or Bitcoin (when the stock market correction begins proper watch the Crypto market explode upward).

You sure it's only going to 4000 if Comrade Corbyn gets in? Some think the US is heading for a Bernie Sanders style leftist come 2021, (now that would be hell).

The graph is great but it could easily roll over and go through that support line, especially when you take into account Europe's leftish stance now.

Survival all comes down to mind set and intellect.

No debt (or very little and make sure it's very serviceable), live below your means, have liquid assets, (some of which are outside of the banking system), and skills people can or will pay for.

Apart from that ensure your living accommodation is defend-able, because if things do get bad you can see it now here in the UK what the Police only now respond to is a hell of a lot less than what they use to historically.

Comment

Originally posted by bulltraderpt View Post
                    You sure it's only going to 4000 if Comrade Corbyn gets in? Some think the US is heading for a Bernie Sanders style leftist come 2021, (now that would be hell).

The graph is great but it could easily roll over and go through that support line, especially when you take into account Europe's leftish stance now.

Survival all comes down to mind set and intellect...
                    The standard moving average suggests 5000 and panic may see it come down to 4000. It seems unfathomable but that does not mean it'll not happen. Why Corbyn? Because he doesn't do fraud. And the city boys will not like that.

I agree though, be in a debt free position in the coming years. If you're mortgaged to the gilt then consider fixing for 20 years or selling and finding something more manageable.

It'll be interesting to see how the UK copes with it's debt and international lenders. I'd stay away from bonds, do not invest in them. Take what you have and put it elsewhere.

Double top.. it's screaming reversal. Down down down to China town.

Last edited by scooterscot; 4 March 2018, 10:52.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      The standard moving average suggests 5000 and panic may see it come down to 4000. It seems unfathomable but that does not mean it'll not happen. Why Corbyn? Because he doesn't do fraud. And the city boys will not like that.

I agree though, be in a debt free position in the coming years. If you're mortgaged to the gilt then consider fixing for 20 years or selling and finding something more manageable.

It'll be interesting to see how the UK copes with it's debt and international lenders. I'd stay away from bonds, do not invest in them. Take what you have and put it elsewhere.

Double top.. it's screaming reversal. Down down down to China town.

I genuinely laugh out loud when I see graphs with entirely random lines drawn on them by posters on this forum. The cryptocurrency thread is full of hilariously drawn lines. People see patterns where none exist.

Forget graphical lines and instead use common sense: the financial crash of 2007/8 has seen the wealth inequality progress to such detrimental levels that the poorer have became poorer in developed countries. Banks have been at the same old games of 2007:8, of which just a few compound house dominoes contributed to the last crash. I was surprised just how blasé they have been, straight back into the style of the previous fifteen years.

It would be a real shame to see the complicit media blame Corbyn for something not his party nor ethos' fault. Neoliberal policies that encourage mass never ending consumer debt were never going to end well. But hey, whatever gets the stock market higher and provides the illusion of wealth to a reasonably high percentage of the population.

Comment

Working...
                      X