• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Indeed it will. I imagine there's sleepless night's right now with many itching for the market to open to dump the crap. Got to wait until 15:30 ECT
    It must be a relief all round that they're restarting your electroconvulsive therapy.

Comment

HSBC -56%

Earlier in the thread I said HSBC was at risk of collapse this year. So far share price has collapsed 56%.

Price action is now trading at the same levels at Lehman Brothers right before their collapse.

Do you remember what I said would happen to paper gold / spot gold if HSBC goes under?

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Earlier in the thread I said HSBC was at risk of collapse this year. So far share price has collapsed 56%.

Price action is now trading at the same levels at Lehman Brothers right before their collapse.

Do you remember what I said would happen to paper gold / spot gold if HSBC goes under?

Why has Lloyds dropped 52% in the same period then?

HSBC is in a bad way though, as I posted at the time.

Comment

I don't remember, haven't read it. If you can remove the emotion and post some reasoned thoughts it might be worth thinking about. If you can bring this thread back with some insight, analysis, thoughts, intelligent reasoning then this sorry mess might be worth something to someone.
          First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
            I don't remember, haven't read it. If you can remove the emotion and post some reasoned thoughts it might be worth thinking about. If you can bring this thread back with some insight, analysis, thoughts, intelligent reasoning then this sorry mess might be worth something to someone.
            Don't forget facts and reality. The rest of it is no good without a starting point.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
              Use the search box. I've been very clear on my expectations.

Took me seconds to find....

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2754424
              Last edited by scooterscot; 21 September 2020, 11:14.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Use the search box. I've been very clear on my expectations.
                Please set out your market expectations in that case and what time frame

Comment

I don't do times, and I always fall into the trap when pushed. I do trends; trends are reliable or should I say probable.

Alles gut.

Comment

I don't do times, and I always fall into the trap when pushed. I do trends; trends are reliable or should I say probable.

Alles gut.
                    This is criticism about gold etfs not being physically settled. This is not making predictions on market prices and index benchmark numbers

Comment

I don't do times...
                      You ought to if you're going to play with derivatives (options) which have an expiry date.
                      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
                      X