• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    It is a monthly chart. The candle I'm marking out includes both values. I suppose I could have pointed the arrow a little lower.

Pedant.
    No it doesn't. The bottom of the candle you point to is above the 7350 line. Why don't you just engage honestly and accurately?

Comment

I see you're at stage 2.

Stage 1: First they ignore you.

Stage 2: Then they laugh at you.

Stage 3: Then they fight you.

Stage 4: Then you win.

The 'lines' I've drawn mark out the 'golden ratio' where previous corrections have found support.
      Hey, I've been at stage 2 since reading your first few posts.

The lines you've drawn have been chosen to reflect your pre-existing prejudices/assumptions of what you think is going to happen. If you thought something different was going to happen, you'd simply draw them somewhere else on the same underlying chart.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
        Hey, I've been at stage 2 since reading your first few posts.

The lines you've drawn have been chosen to reflect your pre-existing prejudices/assumptions of what you think is going to happen. If you thought something different was going to happen, you'd simply draw them somewhere else on the same underlying chart.
        Pooper has made an error in logic. He seems to believe that being laughed at means you're going to win. By that measure, Flat Earthers are going to win bigly.

Comment

Day trader.
          HSBC up 9% today.
          FTSE strengthening up

oh and NASDAQ almost reversed to become Bullish again.

I don’t know you as well as others here, but there’s a good case to make money doing the exact opposite of your technical advice.

Comment

Surrounded by day traders - seemingly daily price action swings determine long term trends
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Surrounded by day traders - seemingly daily price action swings determine long term trends
              Based on a 2% day swing you posted this:

Holly feck, US stocks taking a hammering - Whorty over to you...
              So, based on your charts, what value the NASDAQ to turn bullish again?

Comment

The trend, since the crash caused ONLY by CV19, is flat around the 6000 mark. I get that you don't want that, or even need that, to be the case, but that is the trend. For someone who talks of trends, you conveniently ignore the current trend (for months now) on the FTSE.

The trend for S&P isn't even flat, it's rising and has been since the CV19 drop in March. S&P is higher now than it was before the CV19 drop.

Yet, you keep trying to convince everyone that the trend is down. You're wrong. Even your graphs must tell you this, but you're so blind to what you need the market to do you can't see what's happening.
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
                  Based on a 2% day swing you posted this:

So, based on your charts, what value the NASDAQ to turn bullish again?
                  Yes, the market slips 1% and he's crowing about the crashing and demise of the markets ..... it rises by 1% and he tries to convince everyone they are day traders (is that a bad thing anyway?!?) and that the trend is still down

Faced with these facts I struggle to understand how he can keep harping on with the same old narrative.
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    The trend, since the crash caused ONLY by CV19, is flat around the 6000 mark. I get that you don't want that, or even need that, to be the case, but that is the trend. For someone who talks of trends, you conveniently ignore the current trend (for months now) on the FTSE.

The trend for S&P isn't even flat, it's rising and has been since the CV19 drop in March. S&P is higher now than it was before the CV19 drop.

Yet, you keep trying to convince everyone that the trend is down. You're wrong. Even your graphs must tell you this, but you're so blind to what you need the market to do you can't see what's happening.
                    I wouldn’t even bother explaining it anymore. FTSE full of companies covid has hit the hardest, S&P dominated by Tech companies who have thrived because of covid.

Warren Buffett had it right..

“Beware of geeks bearing formulas”

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
                      I wouldn’t even bother explaining it anymore. FTSE full of companies covid has hit the hardest, S&P dominated by Tech companies who have thrived because of covid.

Warren Buffett had it right..

“Beware of geeks bearing formulas”
                      Clearly you can't teach mince like pooper. But it's fun to mock.

Comment

Working...
                      X