• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
    Markets love a bit of drama.

I’ve been looking at the technicals, and have concluded that the..ermm black cygnet ermm thingy of Trump getting covid will see the European and US markets drop, whilst the Chinese Market will rise as the Wuhan guys finally nailed their man.

No fees associated with this advice.
    I'm hoping for a big drop in the US markets today; I still have £15k cash in my ISA and this will be dumped into the US
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Investing this time in another FTSE company as well as Lloyds.

This trade is technical and you know what... an investment too. Will leave this open for a year or two without a sweat. Pearson are well placed to take advantage of education by remote.

Pearson PLC. £20k - Whorty have you got that?
      Good man, you're learning. Well done.

Not just looking at a graph, but also thinking about the company and how it can take advantage of the new ways of working. See, even an expert like you can still be taught new tricks

For the record (again) I don't think anyone on here wants to see you fail and lose money. There is genuine concern for you and your 'methods'. I don't know if I speak fully for others, but personally I'd love to see you succeed and to see how you do it - problem is at the moment, your methods are flawed, at least when it comes to the markets as a whole and the triggers.

Genuinely, good luck with Pearson

Comment

Don't be so quick to catch a falling knife.

Take the opposite view point, Lloyds looks like it is now going up, the emotion is to chase it whilst I sit here on my limit order of 25p. My strategy does not allow me to chase price. Must wait for confirmation of an uptrend. A few posts ago I hear I'm trying to time the market. Not at all. I'm looking for confirmation we're moving into a uptrend. I don't care where the bottom is, only as long as I get on the elevator on the way up.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I actually found Pearson through the technicals before reading up on their profit/loss! Then I ask myself the question, why the ££@ are they looking so strong? Upon further digging...
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Take the opposite view point, Lloyds looks like it is now going up, the emotion is to chase it whilst I sit here on my limit order of 25p. My strategy does not allow me to chase price. Must wait for confirmation of an uptrend. A few posts ago I hear I'm trying to time the market. Not at all. I'm looking for confirmation we're moving into a uptrend. I don't care where the bottom is, only as long as I get on the elevator on the way up.
            Taking this logic with LBG, if you're so convinced it's on an upward journey surely you need to buy in now, not wait for it to drop to 0.25. Seems odd logic to say you expect it to rise, but you won't buy in until it drops another 4%

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
              Guys

As longer term (2+ years) investments, what is your view on IAG and BP? Both are at multi-year lows but these are otherwise big organisations and I can't imagine them disappearing off the planet. IAG is likely to survive even if it means getting state support - eventually people will start flying again. BP can't be going anywhere - renewable energy won't change the world for a long time yet.

Forget trying to invest in the economy 'that was'. We're entering a new business cycle, now is the time to invest in the economy that is to come.

Comment

Talk that the US markets are already trading (pre opening) about 2% down. Buy, buy, buy .....

UK and Europe not doing much again.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                  Guys

As longer term (2+ years) investments, what is your view on IAG and BP? Both are at multi-year lows but these are otherwise big organisations and I can't imagine them disappearing off the planet. IAG is likely to survive even if it means getting state support - eventually people will start flying again. BP can't be going anywhere - renewable energy won't change the world for a long time yet.

This is premium TA. Have not even published on TV yet until family get it first, which I did a week or two ago. These are quarterly charts. Every candle is 3 months. So don't bother tracking daily changes. Family have no interest in that. They're old school investors look for solid returns.

BP - price action has now fallen below the all time low. Still think it cannot disappear? For me this stock has ‘go away’ written all over it.

Pearson - Look at the momentum. OMG. I’ve circle in black the Stochastic RSI cross overs and text to the previous candle close. Think of it like a catapult. This is bullish AF.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    Taking this logic with LBG, if you're so convinced it's on an upward journey surely you need to buy in now, not wait for it to drop to 0.25. Seems odd logic to say you expect it to rise, but you won't buy in until it drops another 4%
                    The trend is your friend. I wait until the trend is confirmed. Those are the rules.

I'm super confident it will only go up from here. Risk management however requires me to tick all the boxes before acting. There's no point in having rules if you don't follow them.

Comment

You mentioned falling knife in another post, Lloyds has been a falling knife for ever now..what was it..like £8 right?

Ok..my advice from someone who’s worked there is this. If you want to invest in them, then know “exactly” your price target, and “timeline”.

I won’t invest with them, and yes if they start paying decent dividends again, the price may well go up, but knowing what I know, I can’t see it ever recovering enough for me to go near it.

Comment

Working...
                      X