stock market crash stock market crash - Page 349
Page 349 of 481 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349350351359399449 ... LastLast
Posts 3,481 to 3,490 of 4805
  1. #3481

    Fingers like lightning

    BABABlackSheep has more data than eek


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    543

    Default

    Backing to proper investing.

    Anyone got a view on Alibaba(BABA) and why?

    I’ve already mentioned one of the positive reasons I know in a previous post, and although I’m not directly invested, its one of the reasons I’m keeping my core holding in place even though it’s at a record high “right now”.

  2. #3482

    Super poster

    _V_ - scorchio!

    _V_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
    Backing to proper investing.

    Anyone got a view on Alibaba(BABA) and why?

    I’ve already mentioned one of the positive reasons I know in a previous post, and although I’m not directly invested, its one of the reasons I’m keeping my core holding in place even though it’s at a record high “right now”.
    I have a view. It is currently overvalued (alot).

    PEG is high, PE is high, PB is high

    Earnings growth does not support valuation.

    PS You should create a new thread "investing - no gamblers or day traders please"
    I design idiot proof software. Trouble is, they keep making better idiots.

  3. #3483

    Super poster

    _V_ - scorchio!

    _V_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Because he just pollutes the thread with absolute garbage to the point no one takes it seriously anymore. If he'd shut up and let other people have a say without lording it over them with graphs and commentry which has been proven to be wrong time and time again then things might change...but they won't.
    He reminds me of Trump.
    I design idiot proof software. Trouble is, they keep making better idiots.

  4. #3484

    Super poster

    Andy2 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _V_ View Post
    I have a view. It is currently overvalued (alot).

    PEG is high, PE is high, PB is high

    Earnings growth does not support valuation.

    PS You should create a new thread "investing - no gamblers or day traders please"
    emerging markets stocks always have very high PE due to forecasted growth

  5. #3485

    Super poster

    _V_ - scorchio!

    _V_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy2 View Post
    emerging markets stocks always have very high PE due to forecasted growth
    But Alibaba is even high compared with other online retailers. I was looking at the listing in the USA, so comparing it with other US listed online retailers.

    Forecasted growth by analysts did not support the valuation.

    But then since when has reality had anything to do with stock valuations?

    Other than that, know knows?
    I design idiot proof software. Trouble is, they keep making better idiots.

  6. #3486

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is always on top

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    28,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Because he just pollutes the thread with absolute garbage to the point no one takes it seriously anymore. If he'd shut up and let other people have a say without lording it over them with graphs and commentry which has been proven to be wrong time and time again then things might change...but they won't.
    He uses the flawed charts to paper over his character flaws.

  7. #3487

    Fingers like lightning

    BABABlackSheep has more data than eek


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _V_ View Post
    But Alibaba is even high compared with other online retailers. I was looking at the listing in the USA, so comparing it with other US listed online retailers.

    Forecasted growth by analysts did not support the valuation.

    But then since when has reality had anything to do with stock valuations?

    Other than that, know knows?
    Alibaba owns a 33% share of Ant Group.

    Ant Groups upcoming IPO is listing 10% of stocks and is projected to raise circa $20 billion($200 billion company valuation), which values Alibaba share of the business at around $67 billion.

    $200 Billion company valuation is conservative as well.

  8. #3488

    I live on CUK

    scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    22,509

    Default Alibaba

    Beyond astounding you guys see a buy opportunity here.

    Go'an, fill yer boots. I dare you.



    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

  9. #3489

    Super poster

    _V_ - scorchio!

    _V_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
    Alibaba owns a 33% share of Ant Group.

    Ant Groups upcoming IPO is listing 10% of stocks and is projected to raise circa $20 billion($200 billion company valuation), which values Alibaba share of the business at around $67 billion.

    $200 Billion company valuation is conservative as well.
    Then you have answered your own question.
    I design idiot proof software. Trouble is, they keep making better idiots.

  10. #3490

    I live on CUK

    scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    22,509

    Default

    See Lloyds rallied to 28p today. Did I FOMO? No sir. Waiting for confirmation of trend reversal. How many here would have FOMO'd I wonder...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •