• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
    NLyUK? I thought she took a hammering most days?
    If she ever got one as bad as my pension, again today, she'd be bed ridden.

One of my funds dropped over 4% today. Feck me.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

If only NLyUK would. But she spends too much time fecking the CUK posters who can't afford Eastern European ladies.

Comment

Not nice watching investments tank, at least there's no one crowing at you day in day out about how stupid you are for investing in them.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          "Cash" in offshore tax havens. That's where all mine is.
          You're stocking up on cash during a currency/debt crisis? A bit like stashing paper in a fire. Good luck with that.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
            Brillo keeps his cash with his ex-wives.
            Harsh but accurate.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Faaack. My pension took a hammering today

Comment

Buying gold

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Short Lambos and buy gold?
                Well, I read recently that over the last 20 years Gold hasn't performed as well as other investment commodities, e.g. classic cars (the right ones that is!).

Comment

Avoid gold until it drops <$1k.

Gold's value of recent (last 10 years) is driven by electronics not financial armageddon. New mobile phone purchases are on the down low and for the future years.

Comment

Gold is slightly up, equities slightly down. However usually we see edgy patterns EOY. I'd wait a bit before I buy gold. UK equities are taking a hammering indeed, but if that's not to be expected, then what is? I think in 2-3 years' time it'll all be green (which if you're savvy on equities, you should wait for).

Comment

Rightio, I'm buying.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X