• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    But that is not how TA works is it? It doesn't care about the order book, or even the industry the company is operating in.
    Good point, well made.

Just flipping back to the subject of PEARSON. There are quite a few large disclosed short positions against in.

Just saying.

Comment

ha ha, you're falling back on to the perceived insult of 'day trader' It might be a negative thing in your little head, but I have no view either way on day traders. You want to think of me as such and it makes you happy then go fill ya boots mate

Now, let's get back to how your blinkered TA strategy will never pick up opportunities like RR

Woah really touched a nerve there.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
        Good point, well made.

Just flipping back to the subject of PEARSON. There are quite a few large disclosed short positions against in.

Just saying.
        Can you tell which is in majority? Shorts or longs?
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Woah really touched a nerve there.
          I'm not sure how I'll get through the weekend knowing that some random numpty on the internet thinks my returns on my tracker funds are because I'm a day trader

What I find really interesting is that you think being called a day trader is an insult. Probably says a lot about the training courses you've been on; did they brain wash you this way? Shame you don't actually know what a day trader actually is, but then you didn't even know what NAV was

Day trading is a form of speculation in securities in which a trader buys and sells a financial instrument within the same trading day, such that all positions are closed before the market closes for the trading day to avoid unmanageable risks and negative price gaps between one day's close and the next day's price at the open.
          Now, back to why your TA strategy missed a big opportunity like RR. I bet that really hurts eh?
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Can you tell which is in majority? Shorts or longs?

Considering it a FTSE company and trackers have to automatically invest in it, I would be very concerned if there was any FTSE company with more short positions than long.

PEARSON is in the top 10 shorted(disclosed) FTSE companies by institutional investors ..aka the big boys.

Comment

I'm not sure how I'll get through the weekend knowing that some random numpty on the internet thinks my returns on my tracker funds are because I'm a day trader

What I find really interesting is that you think being called a day trader is an insult. P.....
              Woah he's totally defending day trading..

Interesting....

Comment

I have no views on individual shares as I don't trade on shares. Mugs game for the likes of us to risk our money on single company shares when they are manipulated so much by others. Just my view, don't expect everyone (anyone?) to agree with me and that's fine.
                ICLN - isn’t an individual share though.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
                  ICLN - isn’t an individual share though.
                  Probably tells you how much I know about investing then

Comment

Woah he's totally defending day trading..

Interesting....
                    Clearly you look down on day traders for some reason, and think you're some how superior to them, and that's your prerogative. But dude, I have no view either way; I don't see day trading as good or bad so it's not an insult to me

Comment

I don't day trade. In fact I'm a very poor swing trader.

Never do I try to time the market. With Lloyds I'm waiting for confirmation of an uptrend. This is managing risk.
                      Interesting from Day trading - Wikipedia
                      Day trading is similar to swing trading, in which positions are held for a few days.
                      Not that I have any view on swing trading or day trading, just saying like

Comment

Working...
                      X