• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    In Pooper's Wibbly World, bitcoin can lose 99.9% of it's value and then the remaining 0.1% of the value can double and he thinks we are all rich again.

Timing the market beats time in the market.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      In Pooper's Wibbly World, bitcoin can lose 99.9% of it's value and then the remaining 0.1% of the value can double and he thinks we are all rich again.

I object to the use of word Wibbly. I once had a wobbly wibbly when walking whilst waiting without wondering what who or why. Then the wibbly hit me. I was wobbly for some time before recovery.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

You'd have to be bonkers to buy shares at the moment. This is not a dip, this is a falling knife. It has to bounce twice at least before a consolidation period begins, just look left.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          You'd have to be bonkers to buy shares at the moment. This is not a dip, this is a falling knife. It has to bounce twice at least before a consolidation period begins, just look left.

Didn't you try catching a falling knife with your pension, yikes.

Comment

Bought amazon shares, its a bargain after a 30% fall
            fill your boots

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
              Bought amazon shares, its a bargain after a 30% fall
              fill your boots

I don't believe anyone is that reckless. Amazon stock 43x in the last 10 years. Yes, that's 4300% in only 10 years for a glorified Woolworths. You bought after a mini 30% pullback.

Comment

...a glorified Woolworths...
                AWS is just three letters to you, I guess.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  AWS is just three letters to you, I guess.
                  I'm aware of their physical data centres around the world, locations etc. I'd not price them at $1 trillion however. No where near. You could replace all for less than $1 billion.

Comment

If this stock correction is indeed the "big one" some people have been predicting for about the last 5 years then I don't think fundamentals or intrinsic value will mean anything for a while. There will be a lot of bargains to be had, but not for a while.
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I'm aware of their physical data centres around the world, locations etc...
                      It's a little bit more than that.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X