stock market crash stock market crash - Page 380
Page 380 of 464 FirstFirst ... 280330370378379380381382390430 ... LastLast
Posts 3,791 to 3,800 of 4637
  1. #3791

    Super poster

    _V_ - scorchio!

    _V_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    Same here. If he's anything, in real life, like his persona here, his missus must be a saint.
    I'm pretty sure he live alone in his mum's basement.
    You above all people should know probabilisitic analysis is a stochastic process of independent of deterministic variables subject to constant change....

  2. #3792

    Fingers like lightning

    BABABlackSheep has more data than eek


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _V_ View Post
    When I first started reading the original poster's threads here, I had this mental image of him being very young, somewhat idealistic, naïve and immature.

    Then someone posted a link to some social media trading website for amateurs, where there is a photo of a grown up on a ski slope.

    This was quite surprising, that an adult is posting this childish nonsense. Therefore I have concluded everything they post is a type of wind-up of the regulars here, they must be getting a lot of laughs with people believing this giant options trade for example. Nicely done trolling.
    I’ll explain why I think the put option is actually real...

    People jumped on this $250,000 option business as a laugh.

    Firstly, I actually read what he posted at the time, and he said if it drops to 4500 he would make $250,000.

    He would then have had the option to sell the shares at the time the option to buy was placed say 6000 and profited the massive difference.

    Therefore, its actually possible its true.

  3. #3793

    Fingers like lightning

    TheGreenBastard is NOT a disguised employee

    TheGreenBastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
    I’ll explain why I think the put option is actually real...

    People jumped on this $250,000 option business as a laugh.

    Firstly, I actually read what he posted at the time, and he said if it drops to 4500 he would make $250,000.

    He would then have had the option to sell the shares at the time the option to buy was placed say 6000 and profited the massive difference.

    Therefore, its actually possible its true.
    You don't prescribe to Occam's razor?

    In the context of the delusion, arrogance, continual displays of lack of knowledge, countless times his "learned study" has proven massively incorrect (AMD, crypto), the continual change of narrative and 100% absence of evidence - you think the put is real?

  4. #3794

    Contractor Among Contractors

    DealorNoDeal is NOT a disguised employee

    DealorNoDeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    You don't prescribe to Occam's razor?

    In the context of the delusion, arrogance, continual displays of lack of knowledge, countless times his "learned study" has proven massively incorrect (AMD, crypto), the continual change of narrative and 100% absence of evidence - you think the put is real?
    Whether it's real, or not, makes no difference. Come the end of November, if the FTSE hasn't crashed...

    If it's real, he'll look like a fool for blowing $250k.

    On the other hand, if he turns round and says he made it up, it will be confirmation that he's totally FOS.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

  5. #3795

    Godlike

    Whorty - scorchio!

    Whorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    5,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    Whether it's real, or not, makes no difference. Come the end of November, if the FTSE hasn't crashed...

    If it's real, he'll look like a fool for blowing $250k.

    On the other hand, if he turns round and says he made it up, it will be confirmation that he's totally FOS.
    For someone so wrong with AMD I'm surprised* that he's so cocksure of his 'abilities' that he will risk £250k on the FTSE dropping so much. Let's hope his wife is forgiving!




    * I know, I shouldn't be surprised given his arrogance
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

  6. #3796

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk has reached the peak. Play again?

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    44,539

    Default

    No doubt scoots will post something else about stocks but who the hell does he think is listening? Who is his audience for all this fantasy now? Pages and pages of comments about his delusional arrogance, mistakes and lies but continues to post.
    Why would someone continue to do that?
    That can't be right surely?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  7. #3797

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Paralytic is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    There's been more buyer than sellers, that is why price goes up. That's how market work. HTH.
    For every buyer there's a seller. Learn the difference between a buy/sell order and an actual buy/sell. HTH.

  8. #3798

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is always on top

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    27,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    Whether it's real, or not, makes no difference. Come the end of November, if the FTSE hasn't crashed...

    If it's real, he'll look like a fool for blowing $250k.

    On the other hand, if he turns round and says he made it up, it will be confirmation that he's totally FOS.
    When did it become end of November? Wasn't it October at one point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  9. #3799

    Super poster

    _V_ - scorchio!

    _V_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    When did it become end of November? Wasn't it October at one point.
    That was my understanding. Options are not rolled, they expire in the money or worthless. I think if this pretend options trade is real, the money is as good as gone already.
    You above all people should know probabilisitic analysis is a stochastic process of independent of deterministic variables subject to constant change....

  10. #3800

    I live on CUK

    scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    22,509

    Default

    Save your energy, its fake it doesn't exist.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •