stock market crash stock market crash - Page 383
Page 383 of 464 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383384385393433 ... LastLast
Posts 3,821 to 3,830 of 4637

I live on CUK

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Quote Originally Posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
    It’s a beautiful autumn day here as I await Tier-3 lockdown status.

I probably wouldn’t check the markets today if I was you. Unless you have some spare change hidden away in your ltd Company.

Lloyds is almost back to where is was when it was “tipped”. Once a dog and all that.

This is why we wait for higher lows to confirm a trend reversal. A bounce off 25p, and I'll make the order, 'V' can verify. No higher low, no go... those are the rules.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

More time posting than coding

rogerfederer 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    You don't prescribe to Occam's razor?

In the context of the delusion, arrogance, continual displays of lack of knowledge, countless times his "learned study" has proven massively incorrect (AMD, crypto), the continual change of narrative and 100% absence of evidence - you think the put is real?
    No, I don't subscribe to Occam's razor (not prescribe).

Everything can be put down to stupidity, lack of care and incompetence. In the real world there are many vested interests who focus on their own wants and desires. "Occam's razor" is used to distract from this and to excuse malevolence, disguised as incompetence. Think of the sheer volume of terrible things that occur in the world that happen due to purposefully terrible acts.

Don't excuse the perpetrators. As any act can be caused by incompetence, Occam's razor excuses the guilty.

I live on CUK

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Quote Originally Posted by rogerfederer View Post

Everything can be put down to stupidity, lack of care and incompetence. In the real world there are many vested interests who focus on their own wants and desires. "Occam's razor" is used to distract from this and to excuse malevolence, disguised as incompetence. Think of the sheer volume of terrible things that occur in the world that happen due to purposefully terrible acts.

Don't excuse the perpetrators. As any act can be caused by incompetence, Occam's razor excuses the guilty.
    Reminds me of:

"The world is a dangerous place. Not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing"

Albert Einstein
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Godlike

jamesbrown is a fount of knowledge

You've completely misunderstood Occam's razor. It's about unnecessary complexity, not about simplicity. If your argument is that people co-opt stuff for their own ends, well, duh.

My post count is Majestic

AtW is always on top

It's a pity Einstein did not make a quote for future dumb people quoting him to support their dumb views.

Super poster

Andy2 's job has never been outsourced

FTSE has come down to 5800
    very soon it will be 4500

My post count is Majestic

AtW is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by Andy2 View Post
    FTSE has come down to 5800
    very soon it will be 4500
    1st of December 2020 for sure.

Fingers like lightning

TheGreenBastard is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbrown View Post
    You've completely misunderstood Occam's razor. It's about unnecessary complexity, not about simplicity. If your argument is that people co-opt stuff for their own ends, well, duh.
    Indeed, what a strange interpretation (rant) of Occam's razor.

Contractor Among Contractors

Paralytic is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    Indeed, what a strange person
    FTFY

Contractor Among Contractors

DealorNoDeal is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by Paralytic View Post
    Wow, I came looking for this thread for my morning fix of laughs at the ramblings of our resident Walter Mitty only to find some newbie's multiple DOOM threads has pushed it to the second page! We can't have that
    Did you have to?

I thought his make-believe might be finally kaput.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.