• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I don't believe anyone is that reckless. Amazon stock 43x in the last 10 years. Yes, that's 4300% in only 10 years for a glorified Woolworths. You bought after a mini 30% pullback.
    agreed, it may fall further 20% but should not fall more than that ,short of armagaddon. Soon only shopping options in uk will be supermarkets and amazon as it has decimated the high street
    AWS is their main profitable business

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      It's a little bit more than that.
      That's what they'd like you to believe.

Amazon's main income does not come from AWs (an infrastructure that could be replaced by any number of cloud based blockchain projects, Sia for one), their money comes from retail, i.e. Woolworths. When people stop buying tat Amazon stock will tank.

Last edited by scooterscot; 24 December 2018, 09:08.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I don't believe anyone is that reckless. Amazon stock 43x in the last 10 years. Yes, that's 4300% in only 10 years for a glorified Woolworths. You bought after a mini 30% pullback.
        Proves you don't know much about mathematics; a 30% decrease isn't the same as 30% increase.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
          agreed, it may fall further 20% but should not fall more than that ,short of armagaddon. Soon only shopping options in uk will be supermarkets and amazon as it has decimated the high street
          AWS is their main profitable business
          Amazon did no such thing to the high streets. Customers did. Council with the high parking fees if your believe the daily wail. They put quantity over quality. Tell me how it is the high streets here in Munich are streaming with shops and people? You don't find tat so easily I can tell you, mostly stuff made in the EU.

It defo goes under $1k, and fall to trend line. Where? Don't know. $400 to start or $900 to end. If it does not hold then it falls to $98.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
            a 30% decrease isn't the same as 30% increase.
            Did you come to that conclusion all by yourself?

Comment

Did you come to that conclusion all by yourself?
              I noticed your chart was labelled "buy the dip" - ala your pension

Comment

$400 to start or $900 to end. If it does not hold then it falls to $98.

Comment

I noticed your chart was labelled "buy the dip" -
                  I don't use that term.

Comment

This is what I love about market behaviour, no one was rolling out laughing when Amazon shot up 4300%, but suggest it'll pull back 50-80% and you're suddenly delusional.

Comment

That's what they'd like you to believe.

Amazon's main income does not come from AWs (an infrastructure that could be replaced by any number of cloud based blockchain projects, Sia for one), their money comes from retail, i.e. Woolworths. When people stop buying tat Amazon stock will tank.

AWS earnings Q1 2018

Explain to be how AWS infrastructure can be replaced with 'blockchain based projects'. How can I run Kubernetes on top of a magic blockchain? How does blockchain replicate autoscaling groups, or cloudfront?
                      And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Working...
                      X