• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awe you think Thump will be still the Whitehouse by then? House launches Trump impeachment inquiry

Ultimately a healthy economy grows from productivity, not debt. The UK has be following debt based growth since the late 90's. The writing is on the wall but no is reading. The productivity problem was a massive indicator but ignored.

Donald Trump became the fourth US president to face impeachment proceedings after Democratic House speaker Nancy Pelosi accused him of betraying his oath of office and US national security by seeking a foreign power’s help in the 2020 election.

In a televised address, Ms Pelosi said the House would look into claims that Mr Trump pressed Ukraine’s president to investigate the local business activities of the son of former vice-president Joe Biden, one of the leading Democratic presidential contenders.

The impeachment inquiry announced by Ms Pelosi in a six-minute statement is the first since the House impeached Bill Clinton in 1998. The move came only hours after Mr Trump sought to blunt Democratic criticism by promising to release a transcript of his controversial July 25 telephone call with Volodymyr Zelensky, Ukrainian president.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Awe you think Thump will be still the Whitehouse by then? House launches Trump impeachment inquiry

Ultimately a healthy economy grows from productivity, not debt. The UK has be following debt based growth since the late 90's. The writing is on the wall but no is reading. The productivity problem was a massive indicator but ignored.
      You're either pissed or you've had a stroke.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Feck me - look at the margin debt people... never thought these levels were even possible let alone be reached.

50% is given, 70% correction to the stock market now very probable.

Timing? Hell... I'll give it 90 days.

You're going to get it right eventually.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Repo - overnight bank lending in the US. You're all familiar with it right? And you know the FED has been pumping $75 billion for the last few nights cause the banks, who apparently have lots of cash, did not have any cash to continue their operations the following morning. Where is the news by the by?

It has just be announced the FED will continue the repo relief efforts until mid October, effectively adding another $1.5 trillion into the US banking system in 20 days!!! Hoo lee feck.

Folks... it's happening.
          Last edited by scooterscot; 25 September 2019, 13:05.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Folks... it's happening.
            The conflict in your head between The People's Front of Cretinism and the Cretin-People's Front has concluded and their unanimous decision is that you're a cretin?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              The conflict in your head between The People's Front of Cretinism and the Cretin-People's Front has concluded and their unanimous decision is that you're a cretin?
              Splitter!
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Repo - overnight bank lending in the US. You're all familiar with it right? And you know the FED has been pumping $75 billion for the last few nights cause the banks, who apparently have lots of cash, did not have any cash to continue their operations the following morning. Where is the news by the by?

It has just be announced the FED will continue the repo relief efforts until mid October, effectively adding another $1.5 trillion into the US banking system in 20 days!!! Hoo lee feck.

Folks... it's happening.
                Yep, I read that about a week ago.

The Fed pumps another $105 billion into markets, continuing its streak of capital injections | Markets Insider

It's kind of like a foreshock before the big one.

Crash could happen anytime in the next 12 months I would wager...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Hope so. Then I can pick up some bargains.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Hope so. Then I can pick up some bargains.
                    'effin swiss gnome!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      Yep, I read that about a week ago.

The Fed pumps another $105 billion into markets, continuing its streak of capital injections | Markets Insider

It's kind of like a foreshock before the big one.

not just referring to what happened a week ago, but what was happened every night since.

Comment

Working...
                      X