stock market crash stock market crash - Page 88
Page 88 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast
Posts 871 to 880 of 1549

I live on CUK

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Yup - bull trap confirmed.

What the £@£$ is capitulation now going to look like?!

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Fingers like lightning

BlueSharp is NOT a disguised employee

The Markets seem to have found some support, but I'm not convinced the situation in America is anywhere near looking resolved for me to transfer more money in to equities at the moment.

Fingers like lightning

wattaj is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSharp View Post
    The Markets seem to have found some support, but I'm not convinced the situation in America is anywhere near looking resolved for me to transfer more money in to equities at the moment.
    Quarter end... I'm not sure that I'd put much faith on that support just yet.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Contractor Among Contractors

Andy2 has more data than eek

even if the virus situation gets past its peak in a few weeks time there are bigger problems down the road. For starter most of the western world have taken on humongous amount of debt to deal with virus. Italy, spain etc are bankrupt unless ECB bails them out. Most countries GDP will be down in double digits.
    Only china will recover.

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy2 View Post
    even if the virus situation gets past its peak in a few weeks time there are bigger problems down the road. For starter most of the western world have taken on humongous amount of debt to deal with virus. Italy, spain etc are bankrupt unless ECB bails them out. Most countries GDP will be down in double digits.
    Only china will recover.
    Even when Western countries start onshoring in case supply chains get disrupted in the future?
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

Super poster

Whorty - scorchio!

Another 10-15% drop by 6th April would be nice
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Still gathering requirements...

Highland is good enough for Jehovah!

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Even when Western countries start onshoring in case supply chains get disrupted in the future?
    Yes - China who exports c.$2T worth of goods, with one of the largest trade imbalances in the world, and who relies upon all of the "never-recovering" economies to purchase said exports will be the only ones that recover. I'm sure there's a formula one could use to rustle up some numbers here.

Contractor Among Contractors

Andy2 has more data than eek

its all about the cheapest services and goods. so yes offshoring to china will continue, unless Trump takes china to task because no other leader can do that.

Should post faster

SeededLoaf is a permanent contractor

I'm surprised the markets didn't react when the Government announced things might not go back to normal for 6 months.

What other news will trigger a big drop?
    UK unemployment figures? That info isn't due to be released until 21st April.

I live on CUK

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Quote Originally Posted by Andy2 View Post
    Only china will recover.
    If they wanted Italy could bail themselves out (especially is the true value of Gold is realised, not spot market). The UK however... we have a magic tree.

Italy is the world's third-largest holder of gold reserves, behind the United States and Germany, with 2,451.8 tonnes as of last year, according to the World Gold Council. In 1976, 543 tonnes of gold bullion were used by the Bank of Italy as collateral for a loan from the German central bank.
    Italy government won't sell 'a gram' of gold reserves: League lawmaker

Time will tell.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain