• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    US is creating money out of thin air at a rate of $120bn a month, has $7trn of debt on it's balance sheets, and will continue to spray the stock market with free money for a long time yet.

They won't even consider tapering until the inflation rate is well over 2%.

So it's QE until hyperinflation or nothing.

Expect stock markets to look like Bitcoin prices.
    Feck .... that's my FTSE100 short to 4500 down the drain then
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I am firmly at the "I am a genius, we are all gonna be rich" phase
      I'm at the "What would scootie do" phase.

Comment

Nikkei 225 hits 30-year high as Japan reports better GDP than expected - CNN

Japan's main stock index soared to its highest level in more than three decades on Monday as investors cheered signs of a rebound for the world's third largest economy.
        The Nikkei 225 (N225) index jumped 1.9%, crossing the 30,000-point threshold for the first time since August 1990, according to data provider Refinitiv Eikon.
        Tokyo!

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

I am firmly at the "I am a genius, we are all gonna be rich" phase

I plan to sell at the peak of euphoria when the shoeshine boy gives me stock tips

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
            I plan to sell at the peak of euphoria when the shoeshine boy gives me stock tips
            We must be pretty close to the top, but the market can stay irrational long after ScoorterScots short position have bankrupted him.

Maybe time to take profits though.

Comment

We must be pretty close to the top, but the market can stay irrational long after ScoorterScots short position have bankrupted him.

Maybe time to take profits though.
              I think we are looking at a Summer of boom.

Time for some dimond hands.
              Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

There is a rumour that the stamp duty holiday will be extended for another 6 weeks .... could be this too. You know what they say about buying the rumour

If true this would be most welcome - my sale / purchase should just make the current deadline but it's VERY close, so a few more weeks would be nice! An extra £15k in my bank is not to be sniffed at

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  There is a rumour that the stamp duty holiday will be extended for another 6 weeks .... could be this too. You know what they say about buying the rumour

If true this would be most welcome - my sale / purchase should just make the current deadline but it's VERY close, so a few more weeks would be nice! An extra £15k in my bank is not to be sniffed at
                  Buy DogeCoin and HODL.

Comment

Didn't our resident investment crayon using expert predict that HSBC would go bust because of it's Asian businesses/exposure? He really is good at predicting the polar opposite of what's coming along

How can one person be so good at getting things wrong?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56150430

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      Didn't our resident investment crayon using expert predict that HSBC would go bust because of it's Asian businesses/exposure? He really is good at predicting the polar opposite of what's coming along

How can one person be so good at getting things wrong?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56150430
                      Well their profits have fallen 34% so it may not be bust but it does have a few billion less than it did have.

Although it is their supportive stance of China and the action taken against Hong Kong that might finally give me the kick up the bum needed to move to another bank

Comment

Working...
                      X