• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Identifying the direction of travel 99% of us can do. Acting on it is something the 1% do.

In case you haven't already guessed, I'm part of the 1%.
    You are also the 1% that can't admit to getting it totally wrong and just happy to wait the one time you guessed it right and then post 'I told you so' for the next god knows how long.
    Your reputation is in tatters so getting it right once won't make any difference.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

What did I get wrong?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Identifying the direction of travel 99% of us can do. Acting on it is something the 1% do.

In case you haven't already guessed, I'm part of the 1%.
        Which is why you're a creationist, presumably...
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

What did I get wrong?
          Sterling at parity with the Euro by Christmas 2016?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Which is why you're a creationist, presumably...
            My head melts as to how you came to that conclusion. Unfortunately a lot more the 1% of the planet's population believes in sky fairies.
            Last edited by scooterscot; 7 September 2018, 12:05.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Learn from Bob, the worst market timer ever

1% is about what Scooter will end up with, after he's feathered his broker's nests and pissed the rest away on crypto mist.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                Sterling at parity with the Euro by Christmas 2016?
                It did go to €1.07 you know. Really, you're going to hold me to account over 7 cents!!

No pleasing some people.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  Learn from Bob, the worst market timer ever

1% is about what Scooter will end up with, after he's feathered his broker's nests and pissed the rest away on crypto mist.

Honestly I'd be far more worried if everybody agreed with me. That would suggest a bull market of bull markets was coming. Crowds are greedy, and you're all demonstrating that. It's perfect.

Comment

That would suggest a bull market of bull markets was coming.
                    So, a perfect time to invest then?

Crowds are greedy, and you're all demonstrating that.
                    Says the financial whiz who is so good at investing he's going to call the top AND the bottom of the next crash? Here's a tip - it can't be done, so forget about the panty wetting and go outside and enjoy the weather ffs.

Comment

What did I get wrong?
                      Well, Chicken Licken, the United States are still united and the USD is still the world's trading currency.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X