• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Someone, quick... tell the city boys before it's too late!!

Yeah I've noticed the stock market goes up and down too, maybe together we've discovered something the City boys don't know....

Comment

When the pound was falling, people were getting all excited about the FTSE going up. Now the pound is gaining, the FTSE is falling. I wonder if the two might be related?
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Name a FTSE 100 company which doesn't need to trade seamlessly with the EU? Let's face it, the FTSE 100 is toast.
        Antofagasta?
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Holding more shares does not mean you get more votes Name a FTSE 100 company which doesn't need to trade seamlessly with the EU? Let's face it, the FTSE 100 is toast.

Ashtead Group?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            When the pound was falling, people were getting all excited about the FTSE going up. Now the pound is gaining, the FTSE is falling. I wonder if the two might be related?
            No they're not related. FTSE 100 reacts to the $ not the £, as most listed on the 100 trade in $ terms.

What you need to be paying attention to is corporate debt amongst those FTSE 100. BHS, Carillion, House of Fraser, you'd think people would have caught on already the impact the debt crisis is having. But apparently not.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Yeah I've noticed the stock market goes up and down too, maybe together we've discovered something the City boys don't know....

its unlikely you are talking to Spooter!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Would that be the same city boys that avoided the 2007 financial crisis not requiring billions of pounds of taxpayers money?
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

You might want to read this, you might learn something.

UK stock market valuation and long-term forecast — UK Value Investor

Comment

I stopped reading when the author uses 'price' as a metric to measure value. More astonishing the author is using house prices versus wage growth ratio as a means of measuring stock market performance. How would you even know if either market was overbought?

The true value of a business is measured by studying the demand for the product or service, change in adoption, the team managing the business. The author even fails to mention the steaming turd in the room. Debt. Specially corporate debt. It's is at record all time highs, FTSE 100 businesses failing because left right and centre. Not a week goes by another is in the crosshairs.. The writing is literally on the wall and being ignored. Amazing times.
                    Last edited by scooterscot; 9 October 2018, 06:37.

Comment

I stopped reading when the author uses 'price' as a metric to measure value..
                      If you actually read it the point of the article, it is to measure whether the "price" is correct vs the value you are getting for said "price".

You really are one weird fruit aren't you?

Comment

Working...
                      X