• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lookie lookie - see that large red candle I've circled? Further strength to the overall pattern that is forming is given by strength of rejection of further accumulation in this candle. Look anywhere else on this chart for a candle of this depth for an indication of what follows.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

What NAT said a few posts up.
      And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Lookie lookie - see that large red candle I've circled? Further strength to the overall pattern that is forming is given by strength of rejection of further accumulation in this candle. Look anywhere else on this chart for a candle of this depth for an indication of what follows.

You honestly believe this crap don't you?

Comment

I keep waiting for it to happen so I can scoop up stocks at low low prices. Last summer I was 60K up on my investments over the last two years. Then it dipped to 20K but now it's up to 43K.

But there's definitely bargains to be had, even now.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            I keep waiting for it to happen so I can scoop up stocks at low low prices. Last summer I was 60K up on my investments over the last two years. Then it dipped to 20K but now it's up to 43K.

AMD

Comment

I keep waiting for it to happen so I can scoop up stocks at low low prices..
              Your reaction times operating in a different time frame to the market. Zoom out 10 fold to see the larger picture.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

There are some UK-focused stocks that will do pretty nicely in the event of *any* sort of Brexit deal, even can kicking. Think Lloyds and Taylor Wimpey in the FTSE 100, but they're mostly in the FTSE 250. OTOH, they'll be hammered if not. Still, probably a good punt, if you're the punting type.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Your reaction times .
                  I don't react. I invest a few grand every few months in companies that I think are worth investing in. I rarely sell.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I don't react. I invest a few grand every few months in companies that I think are worth investing in. I rarely sell.
                    Oh dear

Comment

Buy & hold has worked well over the past four decades. Even where there have been crashes and bear markets, the market has recovered within a few years.

However, it's not always been like that.

After 1929, the Dow took 30 years to make a new ATH.

The same happened again in 1965; it took another 30 years to make a new ATH.

Dow Jones - 100 Year Historical Chart | MacroTrends

Comment

Working...
                      X