• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Giving this more thought...

You've got $1billion to spend. What you invest it in? Real estate? Stocks? Gold? No. The smart money is buying negative yielding bonds.
    So it costs you money to keep your money safe, who'd have thought that?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      So it costs you money to keep your money safe, who'd have thought that?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

You didn't read the article in the FT yesterday. Oh well, your loss.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

He's been dumping shares while ATW has been lapping them up. How do you come storming out of a recession? You have cash to buy up the rekt.

Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway has racked up a record $122 billion in cash

Buffett, the billionaire investing guru nicknamed the "Oracle of Omaha," wasn't tempted by US stocks that surged to all-time highs in late June. Instead, his conglomerate sold $1 billion more of stock than it bought last quarter, marking its largest net sale since the end of 2017, according to Bloomberg. It also bought back $400 million worth of shares, down from $1.7 billion in the first quarter.
            Berkshire Hathaway's cash pile has also swelled in the years-long absence of a major acquisition.

Comment

He's been dumping shares while ATW has been lapping them up. How do you come storming out of a recession? You have cash to buy up the rekt.

Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway has racked up a record $122 billion in cash
              Rumour is that he's about to go all in on BitCoin...

Comment

Feck me - look at the margin debt people... never thought these levels were even possible let alone be reached.

50% is given, 70% correction to the stock market now very probable.

Timing? Hell... I'll give it 90 days.

Comment

Feck me - look at the margin debt people... never thought these levels were even possible let alone be reached.

50% is given, 70% correction to the stock market now very probable.

Timing? Hell... I'll give it 90 days.

That red line is the Himalayas and the blue line is the Munros, am I right?

Comment

Compared to the red, the blue lines really are speed bumps.

Comment

Trump will want to keep the market inflated until after Nov 2020 but, even if the Fed makes further rate cuts, I'm not sure time is on his side.
                      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
                      X