• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    buy when there is blood.....
    This is a paper cut. Seriously.

The S&P 500 is 400% up from its 2008 lows. Yet when the market corrects 14% everyone loses their minds.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
      The US has 5% circuit breakers.

UK and EU markets all down 9%+ at this time.

Oil at 28%.

Hang on... are you saying I'm only 5-10% away from my 15-20% target?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Hang on... are you saying I'm only 5-10% away from my 15-20% target?

"think we're about to witness a 15-20% drop on the opening hour"

40 minutes to prove it. I'm being generous and assuming you meant the whole hour 8am to 9am and not the opening bell.

I don't think we'll see much more downside today. 9% is enough to get the bottom feeders in for a bit. Even oil is 'only' down 23% now.

Comment

UK FTSE 100 Index now back to where it was in Feb 2016

What crypto is this?

$376 per Bitcoin back then.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post

"think we're about to witness a 15-20% drop on the opening hour"

40 minutes to prove it. I'm being generous and assuming you meant the whole hour 8am to 9am and not the opening bell.

I don't think we'll see much more downside today. 9% is enough to get the bottom feeders in for a bit. Even oil is 'only' down 23% now.

Oh you're a tough customer.

Comment

So when is the extension to the withdrawal agreement going to be made to rebound the European stock markets? My bet will be November.
              Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

It'll be back up 5% tomorrow when all the investors buy back in.

I hope you're taking advantage and buying on the lows.

Comment

Originally posted by SeededLoaf View Post
                  It'll be back up 5% tomorrow when all the investors buy back in.

I hope you're taking advantage and buying on the lows.
                  I would if my broker service could match orders
                  Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

no chance - This won't stop until Mid-April at latest, 20th of March at earliest. I've put an alarm on to remind me when resistance is broken

Index must reach 5000 first before any sort of consolidation begins, then will probably reach my 4600 target. Don't expect future gains to be like the last 10-years though. People are now used to 20% year on year not 4-7%.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      no chance - This won't stop until Mid-April at latest, 20th of March at earliest. I've put an alarm on to remind me when resistance is broken

Index must reach 5000 first before any sort of consolidation begins, then will probably reach my 4600 target. Don't expect future gains to be like the last 10-years though. People are now used to 20% year on year not 4-7%.

Great.. Thanks. Just what I needed. I'm gonna print this out...

Then line my bin with it so my tea bags don't stain the bottom.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X