• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Great.. Thanks. Just what I needed. I'm gonna print this out...

Then line my bin with it so my tea bags don't stain the bottom.

What you do with your teabags is your business.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Just bought into the dip in the market, I think this could go lower but I've bought at a 5 year low for the share I was after. I think a lot of the disruption is starting to get priced in now, if the virus blows itself out by the summer the economy should start turning a corner.

Comment

****!

But still got 20 years for it to bounce back, either that or I'll be deed and won't get a chance to spend it
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
          Just bought into the dip in the market, I think this could go lower but I've bought at a 5 year low for the share I was after. I think a lot of the disruption is starting to get priced in now, if the virus blows itself out by the summer the economy should start turning a corner.

Balls of steel. You say you've bought at a 5 year low. How about, I've bought in at a 10-year high?

Not touching the stock market, or rather equities until the end of 2023... where the blue circle is below.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Balls of steel. You say you've bought at a 5 year low. How about, I've bought in at a 10-year high?

Not touching the stock market, or rather equities until the end of 2023... where the blue circle is below.

It's got a strong dividend yield, I'm not a professional investor and trying to time the market is an impossibility for me, so the divi should offset a good bit of downward movement. I think if anyone is interested in the travel industry shares now might be a good time, TUI could be looking like a bargain if you can risk them going belly up, too big to fail?

Comment

Dividends only pay if the business is making a profit... what if.. don't worry it'll never happen

Comment

I said 15-20% drop. I think 6000 is a given by mid-morning. And 5000 by close of play is possible.

When the market closed on Friday it completely ignored a strong level of support. This is far from ordinary. The reasoning is based on some squiggly lines....

Now that little line has been confirmed as resistance, the markets throughout this week will dump heavy. According to that little line, between now and mid-April will be bloodbath^2

Oh lookie it's started snowing.

Comment

Dividends only pay if the business is making a profit... what if.. don't worry it'll never happen
                  There are a few things everybody needs

Always.

Comment

US trading halted as shares plunge around the world

Quick pull the plug out man! Full on panic modus.

Don't they realise that suspending trading only makes the downside worse?

Trading in US shares was briefly suspended after sharp falls led to an automatic halt in the selling and buying of stocks.Once trading resumed, the three major US stock indexes were down over 6%.
                    The move follows dramatic falls globally with shares facing the worst day since the 2008 financial crisis.
                    A row between Russia and Saudi Arabia saw oil prices plunge by 20%, hitting markets already reeling from fears of the impact of the coronavirus.
                    The day has been dubbed "Black Monday" by analysts who described the market reaction as "utter carnage".

US trading halted as shares plunge around the world - BBC News

Comment

Quick pull the plug out man! Full on panic modus.

Don't they realise that suspending trading only makes the downside worse?

US trading halted as shares plunge around the world - BBC News

Well its only 7% for 15 mins to smoke a cig

20% and you'll be smoking cigars all day

Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Working...
                      X