• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    On the plus side a lot of folk are going to make a ton of money. Who will it be?

The gold bugs?

The Bitcoin brigade?

ATW the pound in my pocket is all you need?

Shotgun n tinned beans horders?
    LON: DTY might make a killing.
    Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 11 March 2020, 20:14.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Wife and I are throwing £20k each into a S&S ISA tomorrow, so be nice if the FTSE dropped a bit more in the morning If market still low in a few weeks, we'll be adding another £20k each then too for the new ISA year.

So long as you can play the long game, it's a buyers market
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I'd hold the cash for another month at least. Don't try and time it, look for consolidation. Consider this, how far away is the market from 2008 lows? I think that's where we're heading, which is still -40% away.

But if you've got years to spare - then ignore the above!
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          Wife and I are throwing £20k each into a S&S ISA tomorrow, so be nice if the FTSE dropped a bit more in the morning If market still low in a few weeks, we'll be adding another £20k each then too for the new ISA year.

Agree, doing the same. Won't be looking at the FTSE 100 as an index, but tempted to take some punts. Maybe on Barclays at 118p (back to early 2009 levels), but could be stuck there a while if we enter a global recession.

Comment

Why don't you guys get a ticket to Las Vegas instead?

Similar results and a lot more fun.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Shut it, you vigorous pigeon. Back to your stoolcoins.

Comment

No offence but anyone buying at this point is delusional. The only direction the market is taking is downwards. Way down. I do hope that I am wrong but all signs are there. Brace for the tulipstorm.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Are you mad ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

its shopping time
                    what shares you guys buying

Comment

Zero some game. Which the stock market, over longer terms, isn't.

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                      Are you mad ?
                      It's pound cost averaging. I buy shares every couple of months. I'll keep doing so. You can't time the market.

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                      its shopping time
                      what shares you guys buying
                      Any company that's likely to survive the storm. Netflix should be good - all those people stuck at home!
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X