• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Falling like a stone

Yup getting rekt. Really surprised seeing the panic of such a small market.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Is the Lamborghini factory in Italy still building your car?

Comment

Euphoria and panic are 2 sides of the same coin.

Comment

Markets bonkers oversold now..

Before today’s 30% pullback there was a similar one at the weekend before the US stock markets opened. Wonder if US stocks are about to see the same...
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Brown trousers time... Just made a large bet on Ethereum - going up!

$10k on derivative that pays out 3x for every 1% Ether goes up. Of course if it goes down....
            Clean up on aisle scootie.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
              ETH is down around 10% since SS placed his bet an hour or so ago.

And that's the unleveraged movement.

I feel your pain SS.
              Oh well, even the 'experts' don't get it right then without hindsight
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Buffet indicator for the UK (FWIW)

Unlike the US stock market which, despite the recent falls, still looks way over valued, the UK stock market doesn't seem unreasonably priced.

UK Stock Market Valuations and Expected Future Returns

This isn't a recommendation to bet the farm on it. DYOR etc.
                Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Brown trousers time... Just made a large bet on Ethereum - going up!

$10k on derivative that pays out 3x for every 1% Ether goes up. Of course if it goes down....
                  Just watched $10k become $6k in an hour. Back up to $12k now...

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                    Unlike the US stock market which, despite the recent falls, still looks way over valued, the UK stock market doesn't seem unreasonably priced.

UK Stock Market Valuations and Expected Future Returns

This isn't a recommendation to bet the farm on it. DYOR etc.
                    That's what I was telling myself until I panicked this morning. I can't see a HPC thread anywhere, can someone with a track record of posting please start one. I'm hoping to buy a house on the cheap with my panic sold cash pile.
                    Last edited by rootsnall; 12 March 2020, 12:26.

Comment

Markets bonkers oversold now..

Before today’s 30% pullback there was a similar one at the weekend before the US stock markets opened. Wonder if US stocks are about to see the same...
                      ETH was all of $2.50 4 years ago. After today's 30% fall it's still at $140, so it's got a long way to fall yet before it begins to look oversold.

Of course, my logic above is rubbish, but I've seen other posters apply similar reasoning to the stock market or to property, so it must be true

Comment

Working...
                      X