• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I called the crash, not the virus!

Wasn't going to take much to prick the bubble.
    Honestly scoots. Even for you that's a really disappointing comment. You've got to see how truly stupid I makes you look? Sometimes just shutting up is the best option.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      This must genuinely be the dumbest thing you have ever said. You called a market crash due to a virus that didn't even exist back then and you are taking credit for calling it?

Utterly ******* moronic.
      To be fair to him, he makes a lot of predictions ... he was bound to get lucky eventually. The old scatter gun approach

My prediction is the market will fall some more, then go up again .... some time in the future. But when it happens ...
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        To be fair to him, he makes a lot of predictions ... he was bound to get lucky eventually. The old scatter gun approach

My prediction is the market will fall some more, then go up again .... some time in the future. But when it happens ...
        Yeah I'm well aware of that but that particular comment takes the biscuit. Most idiotic statement I've seen anywhere in a long time. The most disappointing thing is he genuinely believes it feels he is justified in lording over everyone.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Yeah I'm well aware of that but that particular comment takes the biscuit. Most idiotic statement I've seen anywhere in a long time. The most disappointing thing is he genuinely believes he's lording over everyone and his the dogs dangles for calling it.
          Hang around for 10 mins, another one is on the way, you can count on it.

Comment

Anybody remember that time ScooterScot couldn't even get his facts straight in a thread that was meant to be his area of expertise? Why would anybody listen to somebody who can't even talk sense about his own field.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
              Anybody remember that time ScooterScot couldn't even get his facts straight in a thread that was meant to be his area of expertise? Why would anybody listen to somebody who can't even talk sense about his own field.
              He also promoted the use of Hargreaves Lansdown, but didn't even know they also act as Financial Advisers.

You know what they say though, beware the internet expert! It's fine to ask a question, and get an answer, but please do your own research too.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Don't worry all. I'll prop up the FTSE when my MVL goes through

It'll be down to 2000 by then hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                  OK I'm going in.

Just waiting to see what price the Dow circuit break releases at.
                  A thousand point reversal on the Dow.

Well who would have thunk it

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                    A thousand point reversal on the Dow.

Well who would have thunk it
                    next stop 20000

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                      next stop 20000
                      It's getting there.

US indices down 10% too. Worst day since Black Monday in '87 (although that was 20-30% down in one day).

Comment

Working...
                      X