• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even after three years talking about crypto - folks still only see 'stupid coins' and no understanding of how the technology 'blockchain' is going to transform our society over the next years or so.

Incredible.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Maybe, but I'd still go with commodities before equities. Do you think the FED will go into the market and purchase stocks?
      I don't think they will have too, in a hyperinflation scenario all assets track the devaluation of money. Anything with tangible assets should do well, I bought shell in the dip, ready to hit the trigger again off the back of the next lurch down. Could be national grid or glaxo, blue chips with good divis and worth billions in real assets have to be a good bet.

Comment

Major market sell off approaching....

All day I've been glued as to how buyers sellers are behaving on the FTSE 100... As the trading day draws to a close it is crystal clear the bears are 100% in control. Most alarming is the volume of sellers looking for the door. The length of the tail on the gravestone candle that formed as trading closed today is a warning. These candles they give you some indication of how far price action is going to dive / climb. Longest one I've seen, even by Crypto market standards never mind on a stock market. Think of the tail like pulling back on a catapult. Previously we had one on Wednesday, look how far price action dropped the following day.

What will Monday bring? My bet - Something we've never seen before in the lifetime of the index.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Fed slashes key interest rates to 0%

Tomorrow's crash is off... right? The Fed have come to the rescue! Of course the last time the FED cut rates drastically the market did not actually like it... not one bit.

Fed slashes key interest rates to 0%, announces $700 billion QE program, and dollar-swap plan to address coronavirus panic

The Federal Reserve cut interest rates by a full percentage point and launched a package of programs in an unscheduled move Sunday evening to help address problems on Wall Street that have emerged in the aftermath of COVID-19, the infectious disease that has infected nearly 160,000 people globally and claimed nearly 6,000 lives. The Fed cited the pandemic as the reason for a $700 billion quantitative easing program , indicating that the "the coronavirus outbreak has harmed communities and disrupted economic activity in many countries, including the U.S." Fed Chairman Jerome Powell was expected to hold a news conference at 6:30 p.m. Eastern Time to detail the central bank's strategy. The moves come just days ahead of the Fed's two-day policy meeting, scheduled to begin March 17.

Comment

Going to be massive crash, might actually sell 1 AMD share to lock in some profits

Comment

It’ll be a Penny stock before the week is out.

Comment

It’ll be a Penny stock before the week is out.
                But with the biggest market worth.

Comment

Looks like today with be another big drop.

I want to think about the sort of businesses who will best weather this storm, and who will bounce back the quickest.

During the last crash, I was pretty sure banks such as RBS, LLOY would recover. 10 years later they did not. Glad I didn't invest any money in them.

Comment

Ready to rumble in the jungle?

Businesses disappearing, Flybe already thrown in the towel... who's next?

Comment

Ready to rumble in the jungle?

Businesses disappearing, Flybe already thrown in the towel... who's next?
                      Scotland.
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X