• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    All things considered, gold is holding up pretty well. (Only down 8% since the beginning of March)

Technical Gold Charts and Data - London Fix

Don't know whether that will last or not.
    What about "digital gold" / crypto?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
      What about "digital gold" / crypto?
      It's FUBAR
      Currently shorting it. We have CME gap at 3570 dollars. Every other gap has been filled so a good chance we're headed down there
      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
        if its just like 2008 crash , we are looking at indices 50% down , which means FTSE at 4000 and DOW at 15000
        Yep and just like 2008 I jumped in too early, so nursing some paper losses at the moment.

But just like 2008 it will eventually bottom and then recover. Trick is when, and what to buy and what to avoid.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
          It's FUBAR
          Currently shorting it. We have CME gap at 3570 dollars. Every other gap has been filled so a good chance we're headed down there

I salute yah!

Been cost averaging in since we hit the 'incredible buy' signal on Ether.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Yep and just like 2008 I jumped in too early, so nursing some paper losses at the moment.

But just like 2008 it will eventually bottom and then recover. Trick is when, and what to buy and what to avoid.
            I will buy these when it bottoms out.

Vanguard FTSE 250 UCITS ETF
            Vanguard S&P 500 UCITS ETF GBP
            scottish mortgage inv trust
            FUNDSMITH EQUITY I ACC

disclaimer- do your own research

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Can you elaborate on what this means?

The sharpness of the drop is not something I've ever since before except in crypto markets. Usually such a drop would indicate a scam, hack, someone was able to create more coins out of think air - that sort of thing
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                which website do you use. IG index seems down
                I'm on IG Index and it was down... a bit of a panic TBH, but it's back now.
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Are people selling shares?
                  This is all look like capitulation. But it could also be a massive bull trap. Markets just don't recover that quickly. Too many people are expecting a bounce back to the top. It's not going to happen. Be patient, this downtrend is not going to stop until Mid-May.

Comment

Has the everything bubble popped?

Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

I think we can all make some huge money here if we buy or sell the right thing at the right time and then buy or sell that thing at the right time later on.

The only bits I'm vague on are.

What to buy or what to sell
                      When to buy and when to sell

HTH BIDI

Comment

Working...
                      X