• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup - bull trap confirmed.

What the £@£$ is capitulation now going to look like?!

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The Markets seem to have found some support, but I'm not convinced the situation in America is anywhere near looking resolved for me to transfer more money in to equities at the moment.
      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
        The Markets seem to have found some support, but I'm not convinced the situation in America is anywhere near looking resolved for me to transfer more money in to equities at the moment.
        Quarter end... I'm not sure that I'd put much faith on that support just yet.
        ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
        Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

even if the virus situation gets past its peak in a few weeks time there are bigger problems down the road. For starter most of the western world have taken on humongous amount of debt to deal with virus. Italy, spain etc are bankrupt unless ECB bails them out. Most countries GDP will be down in double digits.
          Only china will recover.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
            even if the virus situation gets past its peak in a few weeks time there are bigger problems down the road. For starter most of the western world have taken on humongous amount of debt to deal with virus. Italy, spain etc are bankrupt unless ECB bails them out. Most countries GDP will be down in double digits.
            Only china will recover.
            Even when Western countries start onshoring in case supply chains get disrupted in the future?

Comment

Another 10-15% drop by 6th April would be nice
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Even when Western countries start onshoring in case supply chains get disrupted in the future?
                Yes - China who exports c.$2T worth of goods, with one of the largest trade imbalances in the world, and who relies upon all of the "never-recovering" economies to purchase said exports will be the only ones that recover. I'm sure there's a formula one could use to rustle up some numbers here.

Comment

its all about the cheapest services and goods. so yes offshoring to china will continue, unless Trump takes china to task because no other leader can do that.

Comment

I'm surprised the markets didn't react when the Government announced things might not go back to normal for 6 months.

What other news will trigger a big drop?
                    UK unemployment figures? That info isn't due to be released until 21st April.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                      Only china will recover.
                      If they wanted Italy could bail themselves out (especially is the true value of Gold is realised, not spot market). The UK however... we have a magic tree.

Italy is the world's third-largest holder of gold reserves, behind the United States and Germany, with 2,451.8 tonnes as of last year, according to the World Gold Council. In 1976, 543 tonnes of gold bullion were used by the Bank of Italy as collateral for a loan from the German central bank.
                      Italy government won't sell 'a gram' of gold reserves: League lawmaker

Time will tell.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X