• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first stop is the monthly chart when considering long term. I'm willing to bet folks on here buying into the stock market do so once and forget about it for years.

Right now the monthly chart screams *sellers only*, no one is buying. Technically this is starting to look like a "L-shaped" recovery, the worst of them all given the length of time that must come to pass before an uptrend is realised.

The blue line I've drawn is there to identify resistance in market strength, I've got an alarm on it to notify me when broken. Worst case, it does not trigger until September 2024, when RSI is around 30 as it was in 2002 and 2009

Also think about the psychology of people right now. Everyone is expecting money to become tight, if you've got cash on you you're saving it not investing it.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      If they wanted Italy could bail themselves out (especially is the true value of Gold is realised, not spot market). The UK however... we have a magic tree.

Italy is the world's third-largest holder of gold reserves, behind the United States and Germany, with 2,451.8 tonnes as of last year, according to the World Gold Council. In 1976, 543 tonnes of gold bullion were used by the Bank of Italy as collateral for a loan from the German central bank.
      2,451.8 tonnes sounds like a lot but I doubt it's anywhere near enough to bail out the country.

2,451.8 tonnes = 86m oz

86m oz * $1,600 = $138bn
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Are those not the paper contract prices of spot gold used in that calculation?

I'm expecting inflation to go crazy in the coming months, at that time so will gold. Italy will be sitting pretty soon enough.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I'm expecting inflation to go crazy in the coming months, at that time so will gold. Italy will be sitting pretty soon enough.
          12 days ago you predicted gold would collapse to $700.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ld#post2745997

Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Ok, own up, who bought the wrong Zoom stock?

Zoom Stock or ZM Stock? Confusion Continues for Potential Zoom Video Investors

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
              12 days ago you predicted gold would collapse to $700.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ld#post2745997

Yes spot gold. The paper contract stuff.

If you physically own it, hold it.

Comment

Yes spot gold. The paper contract stuff.

If you physically own it, hold it.
                So spot gold and physical gold value aren't correlated?

Is everyone going to renegade on spot gold contracts? (If this happens the value of gold will be the least of your worries).

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                  So spot gold and physical gold value aren't correlated?
                  No, not correlated. More folks own spot gold than there is physical gold to honour the contract.

Also worth noting HSBC holds the majority of spot gold contracts. A bank that is on the verge of going belly up.

Comment

My concern right now is the US. I am quite fearful that they are genuinely going to have a major catastrophe there due to lack of early action, though Donald seems to have back-tracked on his plans to re-open for Easter come hell or high water.

If the world's richest, most developed (or perceived) nation suffers in this way I could see an utter rout in the markets. We seem to have a bit of stabilisation recently but is a US-led collapse round the corner?

I am somewhat seriously considering liquidating all holdings for 6 months if there are any signs. Crazy?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      My concern right now is the US. I am quite fearful that they are genuinely going to have a major catastrophe there due to lack of early action, though Donald seems to have back-tracked on his plans to re-open for Easter come hell or high water.

If the world's richest, most developed (or perceived) nation suffers in this way I could see an utter rout in the markets. We seem to have a bit of stabilisation recently but is a US-led collapse round the corner?

I am somewhat seriously considering liquidating all holdings for 6 months if there are any signs. Crazy?
                      I have just entered the market at 26k on shares.......

Comment

Working...
                      X