• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Google you lazy @£$ - do you own research. My sources are paid for.

By the rumour... HSBC is in trouble. That fact the herd does not know, that the virus business making all news is a gift horse for HSBC.
    Very few corporations in the world are not in some kind of trouble right now.

I suppose you also believe that C-19 is caused by 5G and the one-world army is about to implement the New World Order this year.

Comment

By the rumour... HSBC is in trouble. That fact the herd does not know, that the virus business making all news is a gift horse for HSBC.
      In some countries spreading “rumours” like that is punishable pretty severely, as it should be here.

Last thing we need now is run on a bank

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        In some countries spreading “rumours” like that is punishable pretty severely, as it should be here.

Last thing we need now is run on a bank
        Run all you like - they've not got the money to back up the withdrawals if demanded - hence why the US is printing dollars faster and faster.

HSBC will have a Lehman's moment if margin calls rise up again like they did last month, it was in part what caused their share price to tank. The bottom is in sight

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
          Very few corporations in the world are not in some kind of trouble right now.

I suppose you also believe that C-19 is caused by 5G and the one-world army is about to implement the New World Order this year.
          If that's what you're telling us.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The signs are there - you just have to look. 'Of course we have to stop paying dividends because of a virus' It is nothing to do with empty vaults. Share holders don't seem to be buying the virus narrative, hence why they sold off in droves.

Remember what I said, if this bank collapses so does the gold ETF, the largest in the world. It would not surprise me in the slightest if the personal ownership of gold was prohibited at that point.

HSBC Cancels Remaining 2020 Dividends

Shares of sprawling international bank HSBC Holdings (NYSE:HSBC) tumbled on Wednesday, following the company's announcement that it is suspending its dividend.

The move follows a request originating from the Bank of England that the UK-based HSBC not pay its upcoming quarterly distribution, which was scheduled to be handed out later this month. Upon meeting to discuss this request, the bank's board decided to accept it, and to extend the dividend suspension through the end of this year. It also elected to do the same for repurchases of its ordinary (common) shares.

The reason, naturally, is the potentially crushing impact of the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus outbreak on the world economy. In its announcement, HSBC said that it "has a strong capital, funding and liquidity position," but the bank also noted "significant uncertainties in assessing the time period of the pandemic and its impact."

The dividend that was to be paid this month amounted to $0.21 per ordinary share, and was scheduled to be distributed on April 14.

HSBC's suspension of its dividend and stock buybacks is only the latest retrenchment for the company. In February, it announced a set of measures aimed at cutting expenses and increasing efficiency. It is to cut a minimum of 35,000 jobs around the world over the next three years. In the U.S., it plans to reduce its securities trading activities and reduce its retail branch network by around 30%.

Comment

The signs are there - you just have to look. 'Of course we have to stop paying dividends because of a virus' It is nothing to do with empty vaults. Share holders don't seem to be buying the virus narrative, hence why they sold off in droves.

Remember what I said, if this bank collapses so does the gold ETF, the largest in the world. It would not surprise me in the slightest if the personal ownership of gold was prohibited at that point.

HSBC Cancels Remaining 2020 Dividends
              You know all the UK banks have, right?

The PRA has basically written to them and told them to do it.

UK Banks cut dividends after advice from the Bank of England's PRA - UK Investor Magazine

Seem incomplete to me given the above
              Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 2 April 2020, 22:20.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                You know all the UK banks have, right?
                Yes. But read the posts good grief.. HSBC is the only bank with the largest gold ETF. The UK government on this occasion helped crash the share price on the one bank that has a lot more to lose than others in an effort to pursue some moral agenda when it, itself has none.

I don't care if other banks go under, but HSBC is one that can't afford to.To big to fail? Perhaps, but printing gold is off the table as an option.

Comment

Yes. But read the posts good grief.. HSBC is the only bank with the largest gold ETF. The UK government on this occasion helped crash the share price on the one bank that has a lot more to lose than others in an effort to pursue some moral agenda when it, itself has none.

I don't care if other banks go under, but HSBC is one that can't afford to.To big to fail? Perhaps, but printing gold is off the table as an option.
                  Nope, you're still not getting it.

HSBC doesn't have an issue. Having the largest gold ETF is another way of saying that I have two apple trees and you have one. If there are only three apple trees in the world, I have the largest apple tree holding despite only having two. It's when such an ETF holding is materially significant in its portfolio that it becomes an issue, especially if a significant portion of the ETF cannot be "cashed out" as physical gold. SPDR Gold Shares, whose gold is vaulted by HSBC, have claimed that all $42billion worth of shares can be backed by physical gold. There is no evidence to the contrary but speculation does exist that some of this may be collateral from other deals. Of course, the greater irony is HSBC vaulting a non-financial instrument but it also demostrates that even they don't trust the financial markets.
                  Last edited by LondonManc; 4 April 2020, 14:31. Reason: typo
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

So Pooper’s point is that HSBC is too big to fail, which means it will get bailout.

Pooper go back to scooping...

Comment

I was working at one of the biggest hedge funds in 2012/2013. They were converting to using HSBC for everything. They believed that HSBC just cannot fail - if they were one bank left it would be HSBC.

Comment

Working...
                      X