• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    I was answering your question with regards to the UK airline industry, vs. The UK banking industry, the "clue" is in the highlighted part of your quoted post.

Hong Kong does not belong to the UK, that is indeed correct, but I believe HSBC does, please correct me if I'm wrong .

From your post:-

And your point is

Previously I noticed that you were looking at a 3-4 year old blog post to illustrate why they going to fold now.

The world is full of Internet "experts", unfortunately you are just proving to be another one .
    He has a really bad habit of doing this. He is deluding himself but dangerously he is dishing out investment advice on a public forum based on dated and inaccurate information that he randomly finds on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
      He has a really bad habit of doing this. He is deluding himself but dangerously he is dishing out investment advice on a public forum based on dated and inaccurate information that he randomly finds on the internet.
      I'm sure he will be back shortly to let us both know why we are completely wrong.

Probably supported by another out of date blog post
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

You can't think of scootie as an adult person.

You need to pat him on the head and tell him he's a good boy.

Good boy, scootie!

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          You can't think of scootie as an adult person.

You need to pat him on the head and tell him he's a good boy.

Good boy, scootie!
          Now you are just legitimising him
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Now you are just legitimising him
            He's a legitimate cretin.

Comment

Hong Kong does not belong to the UK, that is indeed correct, but I believe HSBC does, please correct me if I'm wrong .

Previously I noticed that you were looking at a 3-4 year old blog post to illustrate why they going to fold now.
              HSBC's revenue is mostly coming from the collapsing Hong Kong property market, whereby they've just stopped dividend payments people depend on. Why? Because the bank needs the money? (Alarm bells) or because for the greater good of mankind?

The blog post from 36 months ago is now out of date because today the mortgage exposure of defaulting properties is much less is it?

HSBC said they would allow residential mortgage borrowers in Hong Kong to make interest-only payments for up to a year. Homeowners held HK$1.44 trillion (US$185 billion) in mortgages at the end of December, according to the Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA).

It you're unable ascertain the gravity those two events shall have to the banks revenue there's no helping you. See signature for details....
              Last edited by scooterscot; 5 April 2020, 17:19.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                HSBC's revenue is mostly coming from the collapsing Hong Kong property market, whereby they've just stopped dividend payments people depend on. Why? Because the bank needs the money? (Alarm bells) or because for the greater good of mankind?
                Ill try again.

They have stopped dividends, as have all UK banks, because the PRA have asked them to.

As its a UK bank they have had to comply.

Its really very simple.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

The blog post from 36 months ago is now out of date because today the mortgage exposure of defaulting properties is much less is it?

It you're unable ascertain the gravity those two events shall have to the banks revenue there's no helping you. See signature for details....
                  Loving these predictions that HSBC are in trouble. Want to make a call on the month/year when they're going to go under? Maybe the mods can then make it a sticky so that you can gloat more easily when you're proved right
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Scooter I've had enough. How much effort have people here tried to educate you on reality - and still you take conspiracy theory as truth and age-old information as current gospel. This week your current flavour is HSBC but 6 months ago you were bleating on about Deutche Bank.

But even given your limited mindset and inability to see beyond your preferred viewpoint, I sincerely hope you don't lose all your money in your permabear mentality whilst praying for the world to fall apart and people to become destitute or to die. I have been in dire straits in the past and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone - and you are headed there in the fast lane, believe you me.

Start researching properly and put your money into something other than vapour grade "coins". FFS they're not even real coins. At least diversify. At least consider other points of view and how they might counter the opinions you're so entrenched in.

And stop giving out your extreme opiniated investment advice. Based on your advice I put money into crypto last year and lost quite a few thousand £ (I've lost more in other investments so whatever). My mistake for reading the tripe, but I thought to dip my toes in, just in case - but it's shi1te and you know it is yet you're so deeply buried in it that you need to put everyone else 6 foot under with you so that you can feel less of a failure about yourself. Give it up. Move on.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                      And stop giving out your extreme opiniated investment advice. Based on your advice I put money into crypto last year and lost quite a few thousand £ (I've lost more in other investments so whatever). My mistake for reading the tripe, but I thought to dip my toes in, just in case - but it's shi1te and you know it is yet you're so deeply buried in it that you need to put everyone else 6 foot under with you so that you can feel less of a failure about yourself. Give it up. Move on.

Comment

Working...
                      X