• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Scooter I've had enough. How much effort have people here tried to educate you on reality.
    Don't do advice, just an opinion.

From the first page on this thread I said there was going to be a stock market crash of the likes we've never seen before. Was I wrong?

The month of April is going to make March look like a bump in the road. We're going to see job losses accelerate, incomes tumble, more volatility in the stock markets, companies going bankrupt. I stand by a total 70-80% dip in the stock market from recent highs before it bottom's with no recovery until 2022 at the earliest. The 30% dip already was nothing compared to what's to come.

How does that reality grab you?

I'm shorting the market with a considerable stake. Yes, that stake only matures into mega bucks if lots of people lose their jobs and houses.
    Last edited by scooterscot; 5 April 2020, 19:29.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Loving these predictions that HSBC are in trouble. Want to make a call on the month/year when they're going to go under? Maybe the mods can then make it a sticky so that you can gloat more easily when you're proved right
      2020 or whenever Hong Kong's economy collapses / or margin call on the Gold ETF, which HSBC is custodian of and can't honour (expect this to occur around June).
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Ill try again.

They have stopped dividends, as have all UK banks, because the PRA have asked them to.

As its a UK bank they have had to comply.

Its really very simple.
        And what does that have to do with HSBC surviving? Nada.

HSBC can say their HQ is on the dark side of the moon for all I care... that doesn't stop their revenue (eggs in one basket) being generated in Hong Kong. Dividend payments to Hong Kong residents were also stopped on the bequest of the UK government. Those payments are required to settle everyday expenses in a economy that is already under severe pressure. It is almost like the UK is helping China to take control..

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Which is it?

Comment

Who doesn't remember this corker a few weeks ago re. BP. I was expecting the Queen's national address tonight to have confirmed BP's imminent nationalisation but I was sadly disappointed. "Look at their books, their assets & liabilities are on par"

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2744733

"By the one with the printing press.

Look at their books, their assets & liabilities are on par, oil is heading to <$10 a barrel - there's a reason why that stock is dumping harder than most. BP like like a number of other FTSE 100 companies will not exist this time next year unless the government buys them out. They gave two fingers to Flybe... who's next?

BP p.l.c. (BP) Balance Sheet - Yahoo Finance

Comment

Be patient....

Comment

From the first page on this thread I said there was going to be a stock market crash of the likes we've never seen before. Was I wrong?
                No, you have given advice - not opinion.

So you ask if you're wrong - well for sure you're not correct. A significant trait of a permabear is to scream "crash" over and over again until one day it eventually happens. But until that time comes, they have missed out on several years of gains. And of course a crash/correction is going to happen some day.

And, "stock market crash of the likes we've never seen before" you say...? Well that would imply beating the 89% collapse of the great depression. I would bet on that not happening.

The month of April is going to make March look like a bump in the road. We're going to see job losses accelerate, incomes tumble, more volatility in the stock markets, companies going bankrupt. I stand by a total 70-80% dip in the stock market from recent highs before it bottom's with no recovery until 2022 at the earliest. The 30% dip already was nothing compared to what's to come.

I personally couldn't care if it did crash. I am not invested in the stock market and I have only just opened my first stocks ISA now and want to buy in more at lower levels, but I see a floor at 16,000 - 18,000 on the Dow. But based on your view, looking at the recent high on Dow @ ~29,500 means you see it falling to ~6,000. That's not reality, that's delusional.

I pity you. You really don't see it do you? Do you think you're the Chosen One? Or do you think the ultra-bear sites you read are specially prescient, more so than other investors around the world? Stop trying to prove to yourself that your money is in the only boat that will stay float in this storm. There is a storm, and it's horrendous, but the reality is that humanity has been through far worse in the past and we're much better prepared to fight the battles now.

I'm shorting the market with a considerable stake. Yes, that stake only matures into mega bucks if lots of people lose their jobs and houses.
                You're shorting the arse end of f-all. You don't even know what 'shorting' means: you used to think that selling coins and waiting to buy back in at a lower level was 'shorting'. No it isn't. Short selling is not something you can do with your standard crypto account. I would know because I have actually shorted BTC as a short term trading strategy. All you've done is sharted rubbish. And that isn't a typo.

But at least you have finally admitted that you are betting your future on people losing their jobs and houses - with that their lives. A fatal flaw in your mentality now proven. There are people on this forum going through the pain of job loss and financial struggle, right now. Let that sink in for a moment.

Comment

2020 or whenever Hong Kong's economy collapses / or margin call on the Gold ETF, which HSBC is custodian of and can't honour (expect this to occur around June).
                  Mods - can we have a sticky for this please? HSBC to collapse June 2020

Have you actually looked at their Balance Sheet? Have a look, and let us know what there tells you they're going to collapse in the next 2 months. Use facts, not your made up gobble-de-gook
                  Last edited by Whorty; 5 April 2020, 20:37.
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

No, you have given advice - not opinion.

So you ask if you're wrong - well for sure you're not correct. A significant trait of a permabear is to scream "crash" over and over again until one day it eventually happens. But until that time comes, they have missed out on several years of gains.
                    If you'd bothered to check, there were no gains to be made in the FTSE 100 since the first post on this thread 2 years ago.

Comment

I personally couldn't care if it did crash. I am not invested in the stock market and I have only just opened my first stocks ISA now and want to buy in more at lower levels, but I see a floor at 16,000 - 18,000 on the Dow. But based on your view, looking at the recent high on Dow @ ~29,500 means you see it falling to ~6,000. That's not reality, that's delusional..
                      I do see the floor, it's 11,000 and below. It does not recover until 2024. In fact there's a 3-day death cross approaching on price action that is now almost impossible to avoid. Expect utter carnage on the Dow Jones between now and the end of May.

Invest away though... you'll only lose money on here between now and 2024.

Comment

Working...
                      X